ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash fuse blowing everytime I brake!!!

Cro

Meg'd r27
The fuse in the 'STOP' position of the fusebox which presumably controls the speedo, revs, oil temp, fuel and brake light keeps blowing every time I press the brake.
Took me about 3 fuses to realise that it was when I was braking that was the cause.
Any ideas on where to start? :S

Cro

Meg'd r27
Well theres no blown bulbs in the rear clusters. Cant tell with the spoiler but being LED's it wouldnt matter I guess.
Probably going to have to use the old bulb in the fuse box trick.... hours of fun.

Da

Less
"Don't brake...?"

No seriously I'd be checking the rear clusters as stated. Then also check the brake pedal switch.

PH1 172 Sport
I had a similar thing the other week and although it looked like my bulbs were ok one of the brake bulbs had a loose element inside the bulb that had come away so was making crap contact and shorting everything out.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Well after some trial and error, turns out its the spoiler blowing the fuse. It will dim the dash and then just blow the fuse.
Swapped it for a different spoiler I had lying around and seems to be fine so far, obviously the its somewhere on the brake light causing the fuse, but can't think why!!

Cro

Meg'd r27
We'll theres no crossed wires / loose connections on the cup spoiler's loom. Current standard spoiler has been fine so far :S