ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash lights / gauge fault?

Ph2 172 Black Pearl
Hi, just wanted to throw this one up for some opinion please.

Every now and again my Ph2 172 has a strange and brief dash fault when driving. For just a second or two a number of different warning lights light up and both speedo and tachometer drop to 0. It doesn't effect the way the car drives or runs and as I said a second or two later all returns to normal.

Having had a quick look I haven't seen anything exactly the same elsewhere on the forms and just wanted to see if anyone has come across this before?

For what it is worth at the moment my biggest problem is water getting in the car (definitely through the boot, but I haven't ruled out the scuttle drains too) and the carpets are sodden so my initial thought is that it is a problem related to dampness. I have also just put a brand new battery in the car so it isn't that ( and was doing this before in any event).

All suggestions gratefully received however!

Ph2 172 Black Pearl
Ok, i am taking some comfort that the lack of response from anyone means this isnt a common Clio malady!

Since curing the water leak (praise be! - leaking through the seam from the roof gutter) and getting the interior as dry as can be without a full strip out the problem hasnt returned; so at risk of tempting fate it look like my hypothesis was the correct one.