ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Lights Stay on when Car Locked + Radio wont work

Hi my girlfriends car has just developed the named fault. I have searched the forum and cant find anything of similar problems. What could this problem be?

Model? Year?

What do you mean the dash lights stay on when locked exactly?

its an 06 1.2.. she says when she locks the car the dash lights stay on and while shes driving the radio doesnt work.. she has checked the fuses and they are all ok...she has kept the dash fuse out so her battery doesnt drain whiule she isnt using it

Clio 182
Hiya mate,

This has happened to my mates clio. 07 plate.
My two cousins are renault salesman aswell and theyve confirmed what the problem is.

The radio's cant handle the cold temps and they break when they get below a certain temp. I heard it was due to an old trick of breaking the radio code was to put it in the freezer and it would work fine. so renault put a thermostat in the radio to shut it off after it reaches a certain temp (dont quote me on this lol)

But bottom line is that renault know the fault and will replace the stereo free of charge.

Google the problem, theres loads of forums around that state this.

So do you mean the dash lights are permanently on? They should only come on when the sidelights/headlights are turned on.