ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash lights

I want to change the dull orange dash lights, speedo , revs , and the console etc .... from orange to blue or white ...
Who has attempted this ? and how easy and what bulbs am i looking at ?

cheers

They are little surface mount LEDs behind the dials, i remember seeing a post on here a while ago where someone had changed theirs to blue, looked really good. cant remember who it was though.

The thought of bringin my dash to pieces scares me . thats the main problem . Would be nice for someone to guide me through it.

Thats the stuff , can someone point me in the direction of where i can get the bulbs please . And do you reckon blue would be hard to look at ? the white looks nice and clean though .

Polo + Micra

yeah they are all the same leds. (2x speedo&rev 1x temp&fuel and 4xdisplay so you need 10 altogether)

white white ones on the lcd display give you better contrast than blue ones would

Yeah cheers Dink ,
Im thinkin ..

Blue in speedo&rev

White everywhere else as the 05 model has lcd fuel and temp

Or just white everywhere including dials.

Should look good

Polo + Micra

ah well i might have got the amounts wrong for the fuel and temp for the 05 model.

what colour are the needles on your speedo, rev counter?. i had to get some white ones instead of the orange ones

[Edited by Dink on 4/12/2005 12:52:42 AM]

Polo + Micra

i did mine myself.

its not easy as you are not supposed to solder smt stuff by hand, but if you are careful it can be done.

Polo + Micra

well you have got to take the dast top off to get them out.

once you have got them out its easy to take them apart

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 12 April 2005

i did mine myself.

its not easy as you are not supposed to solder smt stuff by hand, but if you are careful it can be done.
sorry, what is smt stuff? and how come?

Is it quite easy to see what to do when you take the dash off?

Cheers

Rorrie

tiTTy & SV650

i dont trust my soldering ability... wouldnt wanna muck it up cause if you knacker a contact something will probably never work again.

Bet if you took it to a garage or somethin for this to be done the labour would rates would take the piss for the length of the job ?