ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Strip colour?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's becoming a ball ache.

I know Aucky's looked a tad garish and I wouldn't normally paint any of that stuff but, my gearknob one needs painted anyway as it's worn so I have new decals all round including a Trophy one for the N/S dash strip. So can't be gloss Black.

Pretty much Capsicum or Standard Silver some kind. Fit decals and lacquer. Someone find me another pic of Aucky's?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
IMG00003-20100303-1642.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The dash strips don't look bad it's the other 2 parts that seem to look cheaper.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They would certainly look better but i'll stick with Silver or some kind.

182 Trophy #333
I went for the silver/carbon effect ones out of a 172 i think? I've got some pictures but they were taken on a phone and therefore are a bit crap but will post up if you want, they certainly tidied it up alot from the OE silver/rapidly going brown ones paid £18 delivered on ebay in the end and they are mint!

I went for the silver/carbon effect ones out of a 172 i think? I've got some pictures but they were taken on a phone and therefore are a bit crap but will post up if you want, they certainly tidied it up alot from the OE silver/rapidly going brown ones paid £18 delivered on ebay in the end and they are mint!

I think they'd look good. Depends if you want the glossy shine though.

I'd definitely go for a silver of some kind.

Definitely silver of some kind for the dash strips for me. Just did mine recently with new decals on the steering wheel and gear stick. They've turned out mint :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks chaps, easy decision then. Get my handles and roof rails done today.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I think they look good. But then looking at the speedo would start to annoy me. And if you did that too, it would look a bit ott.

Maybe a silly idea, but have you thought of carbon ones?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think they look good. But then looking at the speedo would start to annoy me. And if you did that too, it would look a bit ott.

Maybe a silly idea, but have you thought of carbon ones?

The decals are Black sadly so i'm gonna go with Silver for now. Also i'd rather spend some cash elsewhere than Carbon dashstrips and I don't do Carbon wrap.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Not the best pics but you get the picture!

7700644648_8dce5322a3.jpg

7700642246_14a558c405.jpg

7700645932_9641a7ae19.jpg

I prefer them the colour of the car.

Yours will look good in red mate!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Normally dislike coloured interior parts; but Semtax's silver bits actually look really good. They tie in with the colour of the door handles, pedals and the like. My problem with painted dash strips is that they look really shiny when painted, which makes the interior look even more plastic, if that's possible.

The silver ones that SprayShack did with that different RS logo looked really nice, my vote goes for something like that!

The red is too dark, so with the text on in either black or white I think it'll look out of place!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed guys thanks.

I did look at the door handles and the other bits, Silver makes sense. :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I know you said not black but a pic for you just incase :rasp:

Ford Panther Black

e9y8etu4.jpg