ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard Fault Light - Confused

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi all,

When I've drove my 1.2 51 Clio Dynamique 'aggressively', like not changing gears until high into the revs, I get the following warning light (the one below the petrol light). Pic nicked from google btw. With the light on the idle on the car also seems to be jittery, going from 500 down to nearly 0 and it nearly stalls/cuts out. When driving with the light on, it seems to be again jittery and reluctant to progress through the gears.
9 times out of 10 I can pull over, turn the car off and back on again and the light goes away and the car drives as normal. But with MOT time coming round fast, I would like to get the problem solved if I can.

Any ideas? I did a search but couldn't get any useful info so thought I would ask direct.

photo6w.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Coil pack/TB AFAIK, from what you describe it sounds like it is misfiring, hence the jitteryness and not wanting to progress through the revs.

I wouldn't drive it too much if you can help it. Especially "Aggressively". Get to a garage.