ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard/interior help!

172 cup
What are the best products/methods for cleaning dashboard's, would like a natural finish (not over shiny).
I have acces to a wet vac for cleaning my seats & carpets can anyone recommend a product to use with this, or is using a wet vac not the best way.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

mk4 golf gttdi180
hi with the wet vac you want a liquid called versatile cleans rooflining and seats and carpets also works to wipe over your dash i use a comercial slicine spray for my dash as my dads a dealer so has all the materials you spray it on leave it 5 mins and wipe of loos smooth and clean not that shiney shitty look hope this helps and have fun cleaning i cleaned myne on saturday took me ages lol it was a strip out and clean including wax :)

visualize whirled pe
Hello,

The best thing you can clean your dash with is a small nail brush (not too hard) for the textured plastics, a soft wet cloth for smooth plastics and some warm water with a small amount of eco washing up liquid.

Naturally hoover first;- The liquid will de-grease the plastics while the brush lifts any dirt out of the textured platic, a soft cloth will remove any gunk you get from the dash, a small toothbrush can be used for the really hard to get to bits.
My gf's Ka has a cream dash and had years of silicon spray on it, it started to look yellow and felt manky so I did the above and it looks like a brand new dash.

If your plastic has faded; look at getting some comercial silicon spray like dash dandy satin. But tbh if it aint faded I dont usually bother.

106 GTi
The wet and dry will be fine on carpets and cloth.

Dashboard plastics wise 'most' products give a horrile slidey, glossy and greasy unnatural look.

Providing there is nothing like that on there all ready a wipe down with a damp microfiber cloth and dressing with Poorboys Natural Look will leave the plastics UV protected and looking factory fresh.

To maintain this look a weekly wipe down with a damp microfiber cloth or a product like 1Z Cockpit Premium or Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer should be all you need. I use either of the above weekly and dress properly with the Poorboys Natural Look once every 32 or 3 months. All leave the dashboard and trim plastics looking as the day they left the factory.

If the trim is really grubby or covered in silicone type dressing Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner or Autoglum interior shampoo can be used first to get the finish clean, then use the above steps to dress and maintain.

172 cup
Ordered some- Poorboys Natural Look dressing yesterday (Elite car care)it has just arrived! on my way to give it a go.

106 GTi
To much effort applying it every week for me! Once every few months and weekly wipe downs with the Megs Interior Quick Detailer here.

Going to use it tommorrow though, currently doing a full 2 year old detail on mine, pics to follow.