ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dat Lease Life - 2017 Golf GTI.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Another Jason "New car thread". I got a little tired of driving old shitters to and from work, and a little tempted by these lol lease deals you see flying around. One thing sort of led to another, and after a few months wait, I took delivery of this:

IMG_6761.jpg

MK7.5 Golf GTI, 5 Door, "Rubin Black" with a Manual box. This is absolutely base spec, with no options. Both me and a chap at work ordered one at the same due to their cheapness, his is a more interesting colour so it's taking longer and cost a bit more. However, I'm quite liking this Purple/Mauve/Poop colour its got going on.

IMG_6757.jpg

First impressions are good, very very good. 230BHP is the standard output, feels very punchy throughout the rev range. Has phenomenal grip for what is now quite a large car, the nose is proper pointy and the rear does like to step out which helps. In typical GTI fashion, it's also good on fuel (around 35-40mpg achievable) and very comfortable. Business as usual then.

IMG_6760.jpg

I've also never had a car with so many options on it as standard. Big sat nav screen, with another screen instead of a traditional instrument cluster (Great distraction playing with this while driving). Radar guided cruise control, heated seats, apple car play, headlights that can see through time. It's all S Class level stuff in a little Golf, it feels a genuine big step up from the MK7 it replaced.

IMG_6843.jpg

As for leasing, so far its been very simple and stress free. The car was ordered, and I was then given its tracking number which allowed you to watch it through every stage of the process on the VW website. It was personally delivered to my door, with only one scratch to grumble about. A lot of people asked about what it cost, and whilst discussing such things is seen as a no no normally a few friends have nearly took the plunge on much more expensive "deals". So in the interest in telling folks how cheap they are if you HOLD OUT for deals. Mines a 10k a year deal, 9p per mile overcharge. £2k inc VAT down, £210 per month over 24 months.

IMG_6844.jpg

I feel i should update this thread as a guinea pig to those thinking of jumping into a lease for their new car/workhorse/school runner/ tank.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Love that colour! Can't be many about?
Cheers! I have seen one, and thats a neighbour who seems to have new VW's every other month (Assume he works for them). Given that its the base colour, and they flung a few of these deals out I'm sure they'll get regular soon!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Lovely.

Mine arrives next week after 6 months wait but at least VW provided a car for the past few months.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lovely.

Also can't get over how cheap that is p/m?!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's like everytime a new car is released, they try to make the wheels shitter and shitter.

Pretty sure all the ex Wolfrace employees have fled to most major manufacturers, and took their diamond cutting machines with them.

Lovely.

Also can't get over how cheap that is p/m?!

I know right? Man maths was easy.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I like these. The super cheap leases were done when I was looking in April. Meh. Not a fan of the colour, but as it’s free and you were going basic spec lease I get why it was chosen.

330i. E30 Touring.
I f**king love the colour!

I don't ever spend money on cars, but £200 a month for that is a steal!

Suzuki Jimny
Saw the pistonheads post you made, very unsure on the colour, but for that price i'd have it!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Cracking car for the money.
Anyone remember the lease thread where these were going for £109 a month.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Cracking car for the money.
Anyone remember the lease thread where these were going for £109 a month.

Yeah this was that deal (I think around £119-129 though?) but by the time you gave it proper mileage you're bumped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Ah I see @Jason_E what were they offering originally 2k a year millage.?

The headline quotes are usually for 5k a year and + VAT, or a business rate that. So it'd be £109, plus 20% for VAT so lets say around £125 but usually more for personal over business customers. Then instead of having 9+23 they slap the £2k deposit on. Then the overcharge fee is higher for going over prescribed miles. Basically, adding all the numbers up and finding out what you're paying at the end on your average mileage you can work out how much mileage you're actually paying for upfront, and if its cheaper to pay the "Fine" for going over.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Agreed the wheels are just terrible. The 19” Santiagos are nice but the ride quality is f**king atrocious on them apparently.

B9 Audi A4 Sport
I saw the cheap leases on these but it was way too early for me to order something else. Same with the cheap Leon Cupra 290 deals they had going. It's always the bloody wrong time with me! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any more of these or the Cupra 300's on decent offers.

My mate's just got a 2017 Golf GTD in Ruben Black and came over for a quick drive out in it on Saturday. I personally love the colour and much better than standard black or white you usually get offered as free paint. I also really like the Virtual Cockpit or whatever the VW version is called.

Leasing works for some people and not for others. I just like keeping my finances in order and enjoy the hassle-free side of motoring. I'm not bothered that i don't own the car. For me, it's the best way to have a new car on the drive and not lose a sh1t-tonne of money, so long as you get a good deal.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I look at it like any other utility. I pay Sky every month to have access to entertainment yet I never own it. For me, leasing a car is exactly the same, just scaled up.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Also, why are they making the wheels slightly worse each model since the Mk5?
Correct
The 19” Santiagos are nice
Incorrect
Peak GTI was the Mk6 IMO
VERY Incorrect, diamond cut?!
I saw the cheap leases on these but it was way too early for me to order something else. Same with the cheap Leon Cupra 290 deals they had going. It's always the bloody wrong time with me! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any more of these or the Cupra 300's on decent offers.

My mate's just got a 2017 Golf GTD in Ruben Black and came over for a quick drive out in it on Saturday. I personally love the colour and much better than standard black or white you usually get offered as free paint. I also really like the Virtual Cockpit or whatever the VW version is called.

Leasing works for some people and not for others. I just like keeping my finances in order and enjoy the hassle-free side of motoring. I'm not bothered that i don't own the car. For me, it's the best way to have a new car on the drive and not lose a sh1t-tonne of money, so long as you get a good deal.

I look at it like any other utility. I pay Sky every month to have access to entertainment yet I never own it. For me, leasing a car is exactly the same, just scaled up.

I still have 2 cars and 2 bikes I own, so leasing the daily made sense. When I buy a place that'll go down to 2 cars at max, maybe even just this lease jobby. It's just the norm now to me, and with it being so cheap its a no brainer!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
That seems quite expensive. I had one accepted on finance but backed out was £240 down £240 per month. Nice motor though i loved the colour!
Find that one hard to believe tbh! Unless it was over about 20 years?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Saw one of these today any the colour is actually quite nice. I noticed they have inherited the Audi indicators that flash across the light cluster. That was a design masterpiece, I've never seen so many Audi drivers actually use their indicators. They must be a big selling point!

Clio 172 (CUP)
Nope it was 24 months and 10k miles per year. Was in the lease thread at the time. They only had a limited amount of deals, as you can imagine they went fast.
What time of year was that, assuming the deals are about due to sales teams having to meet their full/half year quotas?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nope it was 24 months and 10k miles per year. Was in the lease thread at the time. They only had a limited amount of deals, as you can imagine they went fast.

The only deals ive seen close were £2k down and about £150pm on 10k. They released this officially so a certain youtuber could get one cheap I think only 1 deal of that went through.... thats all ill say.

I feel like you must've misread, or it was a misprint (which is common). That'd work out at £5760 over the term, the "Cheap deals" most people on various forms rush for are anywhere between £6750-£7500 over the term on 10k miles.

What time of year was that, assuming the deals are about due to sales teams having to meet their full/half year quotas?
They release the cars at quarters in certain numbers, a VW Lease boss gave me a run down on how they work it. Last time they released them all at once, meaning they all came back at once and that meant a bit of a nightmare for VW Approved used. It's calculated on vehicles residual values. I'd say just dont pay more than £7250 over 2 years on 10k miles.