ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dat Lease Life - 2017 Golf GTI.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Just thought I'd update with the whole lease life.

Just over a year into having it, and I cant see me letting go easy come handback time. I'll either see if they want to cut a good deal on this (in very rare occasions they let you extend a lease or just buy it off them rather than go to BCA) or I'll be finding which auction it went to lol! I really do love it that much. Hopefully by September 2019 we have a worthy MK8 GTI replacement I can plump for?

Couple of pics from a recent trip to Wales. The journey there was super comfortable, the driving while I was there super entertaining. What more do you need?

View attachment 1391436DSC_8540 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

View attachment 1391437DSC_8552 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Best all round car you can Buy imo more exclusive than an R too that are everywhere!!

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
My wife’s GTi is due to go back at the start of January, spoke to VW financial services earlier this week and they are sorting us a quote to keep it for a further 12mths (fingers crossed it’s similar to what we currently pay)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Just thought I'd update with the whole lease life.

Just over a year into having it, and I cant see me letting go easy come handback time. I'll either see if they want to cut a good deal on this (in very rare occasions they let you extend a lease or just buy it off them rather than go to BCA) or I'll be finding which auction it went to lol! I really do love it that much. Hopefully by September 2019 we have a worthy MK8 GTI replacement I can plump for?

Couple of pics from a recent trip to Wales. The journey there was super comfortable, the driving while I was there super entertaining. What more do you need?

Which lease company are you with?

To give you an idea, my old Golf R was £202.80 per month for 2 years. Gateway2Lease offered an extra year at £240ish per month (can't remember the exact figure) - had to go via VWFS to get the figure.

I decided to go any buy one anyway, as I'd used and abused the rental a little too much to buy. They did also offer a buy it now price, but I didn't bother asking for that.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Best all round car you can Buy imo more exclusive than an R too that are everywhere!!

Exactly. I prefer the styling on the GTI as well, so many little bits that point back to my MK2. Fantastic looking thing. That, and a FWD chassis is always more fun than a 4WD one! 230bhp is more than enough day to day, the trade off being much better economy too.

My wife’s GTi is due to go back at the start of January, spoke to VW financial services earlier this week and they are sorting us a quote to keep it for a further 12mths (fingers crossed it’s similar to what we currently pay)

Thats good to know its still an option then! Cheers

Which lease company are you with?

To give you an idea, my old Golf R was £202.80 per month for 2 years. Gateway2Lease offered an extra year at £240ish per month (can't remember the exact figure) - had to go via VWFS to get the figure.

I decided to go any buy one anyway, as I'd used and abused the rental a little too much to buy. They did also offer a buy it now price, but I didn't bother asking for that.

Not bad! I've been mildly abusive on this, but not too raggedy. A buy it now price is equally tempting tbh! As said if we have a MK8 option floating about by then I may just upgrade. I'm with Central and the lease isn't up until next September anyway.

A decent colour

This colour is pure marmite but I love it. Purple in some lights, poo brown in others. Whats not to love? #MakeBrownGreatAgain

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
So we’ve had quite a good result with our lease GTi today. We are coming to the end (start of January) of a 24 mth 20k deal and currently pay £141 per month (we’re on just under 19k at the minute). We asked VW if it was possible to keep it for another 12 mths and another 10k and today they came back with a new monthly price of £115!!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Really nice car that! Even love the colour [emoji23]
I’m in a similar position with our VRS245. Such a great all rounder like the golf but has a massive boot which is a bonus.

Really not sure what to do when it goes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk