ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Data Hard Disk's Baffling Me!

Renault Clio 172 Sport
I got in from work and decided i would do some backing up. I attached one of my spare hard drives to the PC which i have just installed a fresh copy of XP, i attached my slave which has everything on, my photos, my DVD's, you name it its on there. WHen i get into Windows it recognised the drive letter but when i clicked on it it said the drive needs formatting. EEEK. I then switched the PC off and attached my original HDD to the PC with this as the slave as it was and it was ok.
I put the new drive back in with this as the slave and the same thing again. I couldnt figure it out.
So i thought bugger it, i put the HDD config back to the way it was and now my slave with all my s**t on is doing the same with this drive. It is showing in Disk Management as active but doesnt recognise the Partition. HELP!
Any wizards out there cause im an IT person and this has just got me bamboozled!

Renault Clio 172 Sport
ITS OK! FIXED IT!
Im in the process of jumping around my study drinking red wine, about to order an Indian's!. Oh and creating a backup!.

PARTITION DOCTOR IS THE BEST!

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Nowt wrong with a bit of red wine. As above less gassy and if ive got £10 in the sky rocket and want to get pished then 2 bottles do the job better than the 10 cans i could buy with the tenner