ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dave 63's new Candy White Golf Gti

DB.

BMW 440i
Hi,

Finally upgraded from the 182 as I have always wanted a better built car, never enjoyed the interior in the Clio, but loved the drive. Felt this was more appropriate for my style of driving/daily drives etc.

Picked up my Golf a few weeks ago and have been loving it :)

2008 Plate
Candy White
36000 miles
Manual

Only thing that annoys me is the standard head unit, and the black rear bumper. I have already taken steps to sort the head unit out, next up is the rear bumper and skirts, looking at going to the edition 30 route once I have a bit more money in my bank after buying this and the RNS510.

Here are a few pics of it before a thorough clean, and after.

Snowfoamed
Washed using Megs Gold Class
Clayed, removing some stubborn tar
Hand Polished with Sonus (Enhance)
Waxed with Collinite 916.
Tyre Dressing - Sonus

Before

df414c82.jpg

After

d3324411.jpg

Before

462118ab.jpg

After

d8eef197.jpg

During

b375eb8b.jpg

0e90246f.jpg

After

9578335b.jpg

5f3e8a05.jpg

f9028388.jpg

25ebc231.jpg

6b2f4d7a.jpg

Interior shot - Going to add an armrest as well in the near future!

de9222ae.jpg

First Mod

Having always been able to use my iPod with my previous head unit in the Clio, it was something I needed to have again. Did a lot of research and the RNS510 was definitely the way to go, a lot of people recommended Nick from R32OC, so messaged him and he managed to get me a Version C, LED RNS510 with speed cameras as well as having Video in Motion and a glovebox MDI kit added by him. Made the long journey from Birmingham to Essex and back as he doesn't like to deliver any more.

When he did it, he also found a standard Volkswagen iPod adaptor hidden behind the head unit

Before

a4c49d51.jpg

After

44f099e3.jpg

4330401a.jpg

e85128bb.jpg

Anyway,

Next to come -

Rear Edition 30 Bumper
Edition 30 Side skirts
Armrest

Last edited by a moderator:

DB.

BMW 440i
4 door!! Looks lovely though.

Yeah, 3 door would have been nice, viewed this with an open mind and didn't notice the extra doors so went a head with it. Hasn't come to my mind tbf, comes in handy too at times lol

Nice, i think i would just have got an Ed30 though.

Initial buying price, and increase in insurance was a bit much for me as I wanted a newish, low mileage one. Im only 21 and was a bit of a push getting this, made up with it either way! :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate

Love the interior and steering wheels on these.

Thats the stereo where the power on logo rotates when you change volume isn't it? That really annoys me on them, the centre should stay still and the knob should twist around it.

DB.

BMW 440i
Nice mate

Thats the stereo where the power on logo rotates when you change volume isn't it? That really annoys me on them, the centre should stay still and the knob should twist around it.

Yeah, same with all the lower spec head units as well.

Despite me being quite OCD about a lot of things, it hasn't bothered me, although it pisses my mate off no end! Lol The steering wheel is so nice to drive with compared to the Clio, i absolutely love it!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Looks good mate, like everything apart from the seats. Do you mind me asking how much you gave for it?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Nice. I'd be getting a set of the piano black dash strips to match the head unit surround.

DB.

BMW 440i
Lovely! What's the power like compared with the 182?

Similar low end, quicker top end. At higher speeds, you don't even notice in comparison to the Clio where you definitely do!

Slightly less responsive (feels less like a go cart), but a much nicer place to be and a nicer car to drive/be in.

Megane 225 F1
I love the inside of these. Mum has one in leather. But I don't like the pattern on your seats. Sorry.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I personally prefer the extra doors, so a thumbs up from me.

Weirdly, having driven 100 miles a day in the Trophy for the past 2 weeks, i would quite happily have another Golf GTi at the moment lol ...

The Nav is a fantastic upgrade as well btw, brilliant thats its literally just plug & play :)

DB.

BMW 440i
I personally prefer the extra doors, so a thumbs up from me.

Weirdly, having driven 100 miles a day in the Trophy for the past 2 weeks, i would quite happily have another Golf GTi at the moment lol ...

The Nav is a fantastic upgrade as well btw, brilliant thats its literally just plug & play :)

Yeah, took a matter of minutes to swap over, very straight forward, very OEM so im a happy bunny! Due to it being OEM, satnav also operates and shows directions in the highline screen in my dials as well, which is nice and simple, especially if i am playing with Media/Radio screens on the headunit.

I actually prefer having the 5 dr over the 3 dr tbh, even though I know the 3dr does look smoother.

Needs 18" monzas and eibachs mate, but good choice mk5 gti for me next :approve: .

Could have had the 18's on a different golf, but preferred this one, and like the more OEM look of the normal silver finish, rather than the shiny polished look on the 18s. Personal preference i suppose.

Look better in leather ;)

DSC02040.jpg

Definitely agree with that. Much nicer in leather, again though, couldn't lump out for the Ed30. Im only 21 as well as being a student (On placement year this year so earning, that's how i can afford this) but the extra initial cost and insurance was out of my budget.

Trophy #490
I've always liked them, especially in white. Think xenons and the 18 inch Monza alloys are essential though.

DB.

BMW 440i
Stop hatin' on the doors people, they come in handy, most golfs have 5 doors tbf, it's just you don't realise! :p

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My mate has a 3 door. The doors are massive and weigh a ton. 5 doors are better on cars of this size IMO.

DB.

BMW 440i
My mate has a 3 door. The doors are massive and weigh a ton. 5 doors are better on cars of this size IMO.

I found this with one I looked at, but the rest of the car was in s**t condition anyway so didn't bother.

It's nice having a 5 dr in a car park, as it's much easier to open in a smaller place.

But aaaaaanyway,

I need to get some more money in my bank to add the colour coded rear bumper and side skirts now!

DB.

BMW 440i
About £300 for the spraying.

So could have my standard skirts sprayed, and source an Ed30 bumper, or have the top half of my gti bumper sprayed, and leave the bottom cut out black.

Will decide nearer the time, and if an Ed30 rear bumper pops up or not!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Love it... I am now wanting a MkV GTi and the Girlfriend has agreed so heading out later to test drive one and see what I think, I reckon I will be going 5 door too as she will still have her 3dr Clio once mine is gone.

Lol. My boss' Passat does this. Really annoys me when I drive it :eek:

Lovely car, Dave. What are the differences between this and the Ed30?