ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI 100 Diesel Injectors Playing up

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Following on from my previous thread.....

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...w-Plug-Light-Engine-Management-and-Stop-Light

I have replaced the fuel filter as I dont think that has been done.

Emptied the contents of the fuel filter into a bag and put a magnet across it. Doesn’t appear to be any crap in it just the filter is breaking down a bit.

I also put some wynns injector cleaner (not a lot tbh) straight into the filter to try and flush it through.

I have done a leak down test . It shows that two injectors do not appear to be running correctly well one more than the other. Dont have exact measurements as I could clearly see which ones where problematic.

My dad has just bought an ultra sonic cleaner and some injector cleaner of some description as he is going to clean the injectors for his monedo as his injectors are not working properly either.

What I am wondering is shall I give mine a go as well? He has all the stuff and it might save me a couple of hundred pound in getting the two professionally done. I know they are sensitive pieces of equipment but they can’t be that hard to refurb?

Anyone have any experience?

The only thing I can do is do the test measure how much leaks back, clean the injectors and then do it again and see if improves? Does anyone have any recommendations for Diesel injector cleaning? Do you have to strip anything off them or chuck the whole assembly in?

Thanks in advance,

I really want to get this sorted ASAP as I want to get the car mapped in the new year.