ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci 65 to dci85/100

Mark 2 1.5 dci clio
Hi guys I've got a dci 65 and I want to make it a dci 100 preferably from what I've gathered the 65 and 80 are the same except the 80 has an intercooler and then the dci 100 has a different head, turbo, injectors ect, can anybody help me please!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
It's been a few years since I messed with them but from what I remember

65 and 80 are similar, 80 has the intercooler and if I remember right has an additional boost pressure sensor on the intercooler pipework. Runs higher boost from a similar turbo but I do believe they have different parts numbers.

100 uses a different more efficient intercooler

80 and 100 use the same injectors I believe, it was the 65 that had smaller ones.

100 uses the VNT turbo

100 uses MAF meter instead of MAP sensor (or was this only the MK3 VNT cars????)

100 all use jr5 gearboxes with hydraulic clutch, later dci 68's also use this setup.

There was talk of different engine internals and there certainly was different parts numbers but I'm unsure of the specs.

It's not something I would attempt without a full doner car as the wiring/ECU etc complications, I'd just swap the lot.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Would you get fairly high insurance hikes as well - 'modding' a dCi 65 to a 100 spec?

Wouldn't it work out cheaper selling the 65 and be on the hunt for a replacement 100 outright?