ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kadjar 1.6 DCI Engine failure warning

Clio 182 FF
Hi all,

Been on here for years, so please don't bite my head off for it not being a clio! But after some help regarding a Renault engine...the 1.6 dci.

Recently bought a 65 Kadjar and evey 1st journey after about 5 minutes the car throws a tantrum and pings up a battery symbol or a message "electronic engine failure hazard". But the car still drives as normal.
It either goes away after 2 minutes or continues on that first journey. But goes on restart on the return leg. I've changed the original stop start battery and had a garage check the code and voltage (P2503 code).

Is this common on 1.5/1.6 dci? YouTube hasn't helped and not keen going straight to a dealer.
Any guidance apart from burning my car is appreciated.
Thanks

mercedes
Hi all,

Been on here for years, so please don't bite my head off for it not being a clio! But after some help regarding a Renault engine...the 1.6 dci.

Recently bought a 65 Kadjar and evey 1st journey after about 5 minutes the car throws a tantrum and pings up a battery symbol or a message "electronic engine failure hazard". But the car still drives as normal.
It either goes away after 2 minutes or continues on that first journey. But goes on restart on the return leg. I've changed the original stop start battery and had a garage check the code and voltage (P2503 code).

Is this common on 1.5/1.6 dci? YouTube hasn't helped and not keen going straight to a dealer.
Any guidance apart from burning my car is appreciated on engine failure.
Thanks
Having problems with my captur 1.2 tce blowing a fuse. It brings up the STOP light and spanner light and displays the message “Engine Failure Hazard”. Driving ok then fault comes on, engine running normally. Traced to 15 amp fuse blown next to blue box (ECU?) under the bonnet. Brings up 15 or so faults on the local garage diagnostic machine. All clear when the fuse is replaced. But keeps blowing fuse at intermittent times. On replacing the fuse the last time the cooling fan cut in, so at least I know one thing that it feeds!