ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI cruise control guide - your feedback please

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Evening guys

I've recently fitted cruise control to my DCI from scratch as my car didn't have any supporting looms. I know a lot of people have wanted to do this but there has never been a definitive answer so I just gave it a go and came out on the good side.

I've written a guide but before I submit it would like some feedback. What could be improved, added, altered.

Cheers

Gray

Attachments

• Cliosport cruise guide.pdf
    533.3 KB · Views: 594

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Look good mate, nice extensive guide! For the cruise control connector block diagram you've drawn up though, according to what I see on the wiring diagrams, A1 is the dashboard left hand cross member earth, and B2 is the connection to sidelights (which, to get technical, is the left hand sidelights fuse in the passenger compartment fusebox, but any sidelight connection will do I suppose lol).

Could also maybe add in a link to any guides on here for removing the steering wheel and dash panels.

Apart from that I can't see any issues with it. Easy enough to follow, and it's a lot better than doing it blind with no guide for anyone wanting to do it in the future!

Could be worth adding in a disclaimer though ;) 'I take no responsibility for any damage caused' etc etc.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You are completely right mate. I got my info from the Clio electrical manual release by Renault!

I thought my light wasn't working because I have a dodgey earth in the dash at the moment as my radio display and fan panel lights aren't working.

I think the side lights go to a common terminal and then head towards the fuse box on a single wire so it should be a fused connection if it's attached to another + sidelights wire. Correct me if I'm wrong though as I am just going from memory.

Disclaimer in, forgot about that!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Haha, only Renault could get it wrong in their own manual!

For the sidelights wiring, I honestly have no idea lol, never looked at the wiring loom on my car. The diagrams and fuse box layout seems to split the wiring into left and right. I suppose any wire that gets power when the sidelights are turned on would work for that connection though.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
All sorted now and submitted. If any one asks you now know where to point them!

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
does anyone know whether the privilege models support CC? dont think there is a loom behind the headlamp adjuster in mine......

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That's what the guide is for. All dcis have it supported in the ecu. mforan2012

there were no looms in mine. I added everything

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
That's what the guide is for. All dcis have it supported in the ecu. @mforan2012

there were no looms in mine. I added everything

gotcha sorry misread that, lmao. just downloaded the pdf, chuffing star!

i am right in thinking that cable just hangs behind there tho, and not tucked away or something tho?

how longs that take to add everything, and is it worth it? trouble i have as well is the upgraded digital clocks :(

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
No worries pal. Usually the cables are just behind the panel. If you have a look they should be very close if they are tiucked up. Otherwise it's the way I've done it.. Personally I think it's 100% worth it as I spent more time on the motorway than sleeping so it will really be handy. Loved it on the 182 and mk4 so I missed it!

Took me about 6 hours but I had only the diagrams to go off and was being a perfectionist. If you had all your bits prepared before staring it could be done in 2/3 hours easily.

Clio MK2 1.5dci 65hp
Oh! One year reborn..
What if I don't have the silver ring clocks? is it going to work, but no displaying?
Is it different? What stands for these  C3 – Speed limiter on/off  A2 – Cruise control on/off  C4 – Clutch switch  D3 – Cruise control button button return  D2 – Cruise control button program feed?

Maybe there is some dci schema that I can't find. I'm not a electro guy but my hands are not that dump, and when all is ready I'll do it myself without the wiring from 182, because is really hard to find here and in ebay even.. or I'm bad with search engines..

Clio MK2 1.5dci 65hp
I have found everything for my car..
Read everything and no questions about schemas and so.. BUT in this guide you mention that to do this I need to have silver surrounding clocks. Is it really necessary and if I doesn't what will happen? Will not work at all, or just the dashboard will not show me the speed and the lamp for cc will not glow? If it is necessary to have that type of clocks, can I just plug 'n play another or I have to do some wiring changes?

My car is in service for total repaint and after everything is done I'm starting to build my cc from scratch :)