ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI Infomation wanted...

Albi blue 197
alright.. i currently drive a 1.2 16v dynamique at the moment but ive always been intrested in the DCI's my dad has a 65bhp expression just for a little run to work n back but ive always had a little thing for it even though its a pile of w**k the state its in lol but i been looking at a couple on the net ....

i know that the 100 bhp one has a turbo but is this the case with the 80 and 65??

also if i wanted to end up buying one i would have around 2500 to 3000 for one...

ano i havent ask any questions really but im just wanting to know key facts about each one n how much i should be paying for what with them , what milage they kinda run good up to etc...

any info is apriciated about any model ..

thanks

Breaking mk2 DCI
all have turbos

65 has turbo no intercooler
80 is same as 65 wiith intercooler and bigger injectors same turbo
100 is a different engine completely
reliability wise my last one was good, i got 600 miles to one tank once (it was a remapped 65 pushing 84bhp)
usually it did 500 miles to a tank 43 quid

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dci 65 has DCi in silver and has a turbo
dci 80 has DC in silver and i in blue, has better injectors and a front mount intercooler
dci 100 has D in silver Ci in blue, same 80 injectors, runs 200psi more fuel pressure, bigger turbo, more efficient but smaller intercooler, has a different bottom end due to using a newer cable gearbox, dont listen to the "myth" that this gearbox is unreliable or rubbish, its no more unreliable than any other renault gearbox which if abused will probably fail, if looked after will probably not!

Albi blue 197
hmmm so if you were 19 year old and kinda had the option of a new one but wanted to go for the deisel variety which would you go for i mean that has been dead helpful!! but whats it worth getting for my age etc 3 points n going to have 2 years no claims soon ... i need a deisel due to the amount of traveling i do its my daily and i mc various places in the country so my miles kinda mount up there also... and can the 65 bhp be upgraded so engine is near enough similar to 80 bhp etc ? is this possible? any extra info is a bonus and thanks alot for info so far been very helpful... the 80 is seeming to take my eye as i found the 100's being rareish..

Albi blue 197
theres a few good deals on 65's round my end on auto trader like very tempting!! need ot sell the 1.2 first though....

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if you have a good budget get a 100 but they hold their value.

80's again hold their value quite well but are a bit more common

65's if your looking for a cheap runabout, not fast but plenty of torque so dont give you that horrible slow feeling the 1.2's do