ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi won't start

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
seems a common problem (i have done a search).

had intermittent starting problems this week with the DCi with it culminating in it not starting at all today.

WEDNESDAY (morning): car would not start, so took girlfriends car, was leant a charger and jump pack that day
WEDNESDAY (evening): removed battery and put it on charge, after 3hrs i noticed the gauge on the charger had dropped, thinking it wasn't working i removed the charger.

THURSDAY (morning): took girlfriends car again (was going to purchase a battery), however found out that day that the gauge never worked on the charger but should charge it
THURSDAY (evening): charged battery all night.

FRIDAY (morning): re-fitted battery, car took a bit of convincing but started, took it to work
FRIDAY (mid-afternoon): car started, drove 40 miles home

TODAY: car will not start.

lights on the dash come on / go out in normal order, immobiliser light goes out after a few seconds of the key being in the prime position.
starter is priming, everything sounds like it is priming correctly, but still no start. Have tried starting it with a boost pack but this seems to achieve nothing (i also question the boost pack),

after looking through some threads on here i have removed the engine relays and cleaned them up / then switched them around, still no joy...
i have also love-tapped the starter, seemed initially to make a bit of difference whilst trying to start the car, but then died out again...

AA are en-route but i don't expect much, if anything a tow to a friends garage

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
As TEG says, does it crank?
Heater plugs - as it very cold, mine used to hate starting in the cold...
Injectors?
or air getting in somewhere!

When it runs, does it run sweet as normally?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Check the battery is got enought power to start the car.

called the AA chap, explained everything and he said the same....
i have since purchased a new battery but not fitted it yet, hopefully should sort it,

i suspected it was not the battery as the car had all other electric functions and after trawling CS and finding it could be much worse i am kinda glad its only the battery

cheers for the replys