ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI's

Hi peeps, im looking at getting a diesel, I've worked out its going to be cheaper for me to purchase a diesel car and merely strip out the rear to make it a van rather purchase a van but thats not what im after. Im looking at coming back to a clio so my is:

Which one is most recommended of the DCI's 65 I have read is a bit weedy and the 100 is a bit unreliable along with I think the gearbox being pretty poor, I would look at remapping it (yes I know its only a van) as im too used to the power from the Leon now and I would just get irritated if I am unable to pull up a hill!

Help appreciated guys :)

DCi 100
I haven't driven a 65/80 but the 100 definately has alot of pull 3rd/4th gear. Sits easily on the motorway in 5th at all speeds.

Gearbox I'm unsure on but it isn't the nicest feeling thing in the world, especially when cold but thats common across the range.

100's are abit rarer, go for a bigger price tag so if it's money your after saving then maybe 65 + remap and just use it?

1.5 Clio Dynamique
i have just brought A dci 65 and compared to a 1.2 it has alot more pull and enough power to overtake lorries and buses going uphill safely....ok it isnt super quick but its enough

Mk1 focus
If you find a 100 go for it, obv check the service history and belts as you would. Gearbox problems are rubbish, if its been looked after they shudnt course a problem. I have an 80 and it'll pull like a train through 4th and 5th. The 100 and 65 are £30 and the 80 is £20 to tax a year now, £10 difference is nothing really. Martin172 on here is the man to ask about the 100 tbh. Good luck.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You can have Sash's. Straight swap for an Alpine > Clio Ph2 stalk adaptor. Throw in a bottle of Rosé for the woman and we've got a deal

:approve:

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
are you getting a dci 565 van like mine or getting a clio n makin it into a van ?? if so i have all the trim panels for a van so it will look proper

BG 182
My other half has a dci 80 and its excellent! Town driving only gets her around 55mpg!! It pulls well for a little diesel and some may even say it feels nippy.. I would highly recommend one! A mint condition 100 can only be better though.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
100's are more reliable than the others if anything, they have stronger internals! gearboxes are fine i put 190lbft thru one for a year/20k miles of abuse and it never gave me a single problem and never dropped under 50mpg, was f**king fast!! even when it was standard it would have shown my current dci 106 a clean pair of heels!

www.cliodci.net has loads of info and buying guides etc check out some of my posts on there as im a bit short of time for a big reply here at the moment

You can have Sash's. Straight swap for an Alpine > Clio Ph2 stalk adaptor. Throw in a bottle of Rosé for the woman and we've got a deal

:approve:

Just been speaking to her but im wanting cheap as poss so thankyou anyway

are you getting a dci 565 van like mine or getting a clio n makin it into a van ?? if so i have all the trim panels for a van so it will look proper

Its going to be a clio converted to van, im not interested in the panels, rear interior will all be ripped out and MDF'd anyway

100's are more reliable than the others if anything, they have stronger internals! gearboxes are fine i put 190lbft thru one for a year/20k miles of abuse and it never gave me a single problem and never dropped under 50mpg, was f**king fast!! even when it was standard it would have shown my current dci 106 a clean pair of heels!

www.cliodci.net has loads of info and buying guides etc check out some of my posts on there as im a bit short of time for a big reply here at the moment

Cheers for the link :)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
the vans are a fair bit cheaper to buy than a dci car.. unless you already had the car ? and with the shape of the car it would be a pic to mdf.. you wont have the load tray in the back either that you have with the van

after looking at clios and deciding they arent quite big enough ive put a deposit on an sri vectra estate so thankyou to all who inputted