ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DDNS, anyone savvy?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Howdy

Do this all the time at work with DVR's on domestic connections with dynamic ip addresses for remote viewing. We have an account with no ip.

However, fitted a new NVR the other week, and noticed it hasn't updated the ddns service, and is now off line to view remotely

So here's the chinglish manual info

nvr_zpsbea03b17.png

On the normal machines we use, you normally use the drop down to select the provider, in this case we use no-ip. Then enter the domain name we set up before hand, user name and password of our account, and thats it.

However, this machine has a box called server ip, WTF is this? as the manual is no help. Would this be no-ip's actual ip addy?

I could set up Dynamic dns in the BT router, which is probably a better way round, but this has me intrigued as ive not seen this "server ip" when setting up this on any oher machine ive used?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I have a dvr which I view remotely but sometimes the ip address changes. You guys seem like you may have the answer ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No I haven't tbh, just noticed it's not updating

so to get no ip's address, can I ping "noip"?? But then as mentioned above putting in no ip's domain name should just work also?? Hmmmm.

This a qvis system? I'm sure the ddns had an option to allow no ip stuff. If I remember right when you pick the ddns one becomes a drop down and you pick no ip or dyn.com

Good spot there. Yeah hit enable then change the DDNS type in the combo box. At current (in the screenshot) it is set to private DDNS so it want's the IP of your own DDNS server.

Try changing it then feedback to us.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah the box is still there when you enable no ip.

Ill have aver a nose next time im there, I'll actually power cycle the router then see if it updates, if the address changed. The other Dvr on site is still viewable but the address is still the same as it was set up on.

Cheers guys

Bumder With A Buffer
That interface looks very similar to one of the maplin units I set-up for my inlaws last year. Think it was a "KGUARD" unit.

Right pain in the arsehole.

As mentioned if you tick the enable box you should get extra options to connect to your no-ip account.

The one thing that really pissed me off was that sometimes when BT changed the IP address I had a tool running to automatically sync up to the no-ip site to update with the new IP address...this randomly stopped happening recently and I have no idea why. Need to sit down and sort that out really.

The chinglish manual for all these DVR's is awesome....NOT!