ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-badging help please!!

Clio Sport 182 '05
Well, didn't go to plan really.

Renault Sport badge off, Autoglym tar remover used, and polished a few times ... still got this left, any ideas?

IMAG0437.jpg

Cheers

Clio 172
Well, didn't go to plan really.

Renault Sport badge off, Autoglym tar remover used, and polished a few times ... still got this left, any ideas?

View attachment 111245

Cheers

Clay and machine polish might be a good start. Not sure you will be able to hand polish that out. Will need some heat putting into it and a good cut and finish polish like Mags 105 and 205.

Jack

Clio Sport 182 '05
Clayed, no real improvement, went over again with polish, bit more effort put in and it has improved slightly but nothing major!

Clio 172
Just polishing by hand at the moment using Autoglym Super Resin and microfibres

That's not going to do anything. That's a finishing polish and won't be cutting the marks out just making them look shiny! You need a cutting polish and a finishing polish. You will also need a harsher pad... I think Sonus do a hand polishing kit on Clean your Car. Its a cutting & finishing polish with a cutting and finishing pad. :) You will have better results with that.

Jack

Edit: this is what you want! CLICK HERE

Clio Sport 182 '05
Brilliant thanks a lot, that's just saved me a few hours!

Ordered up, will let you know the results.

Thanks once again

Mk 3 Clio 1.6 VVT
I have the same problem with mine at the moment, have been told it needs to be heated and it is an easy fix. (Not got round to trying it yet!)

Clio Sport 182 '05
That's not going to do anything. That's a finishing polish and won't be cutting the marks out just making them look shiny! You need a cutting polish and a finishing polish. You will also need a harsher pad... I think Sonus do a hand polishing kit on Clean your Car. Its a cutting & finishing polish with a cutting and finishing pad. :) You will have better results with that.

Jack

Edit: this is what you want! CLICK HERE

worked an absolute treat! Took about 10 minutes. Thanks a lot for the help guys.

IMAG0471_zpsc7dx3dum.jpg

Clio 172
worked an absolute treat! Took about 10 minutes. Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Glad it helped. Love the new badge as well. I would get one my self but at that price for a plastic stick on badge?! Even Dick Turpin wore a mask. Bloody daylight robbery! ;)

jack