ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat and Chip

Ive already got an induction kit and powerflow full stainless steel exhaust, im thinking about getting a de-cat and a chip now, does the cat have to be welded on or is it clamped? and what sort of gains should i expect with those mods, i dont think ill get much, but can you feel a difference when you drive the car?

Well really you need to get a custom remap/chip after the decat because the car will need to be setup. If you got both done the same day you will feel the difference! I would say up to 20 bhp difference as the chip will also help use the other mods.....

Well i was thinking of getting a hill power chip as ive heard a lot of good things about them, and they are custom from waht i hear to your mods, but id have to fit the chip myself cos its quite far away from me.

Ive also heard people say that they get the od flame out the exhaust now and again, is this true?

Hill Power say that usually with a chip you will see 6/7bhp. De-cat and performace box probably 4bhp tops and induction kit is nothing really.

You will see more gains from mods like zorst and induction if you GASFLOWED CYLINDER HEAD / CAMS / VERNIER PULLEYS etc.

People say a chip will give up to 10 bhp but that is unreallistic and you would be very lucky if you saw that.

Ive de-catted my valver and was very happy with the performance difference.

Torque & Power were only marginally increased but both peaked at 300RPM lower, which meant out on the road, there was a hugely noticeable increase in performance.

I will be in the future getting some major work done to the engine, but for the time being i just wanna get a few little bits, done, its a base to work from really.

Tom,

Do you have to weld the de-cat on or does it clamp on?

Steve if you could get 20bhp from de-cat and chip then you would be looking at having a more powerfull car than a willy (on paper).

137bhp for 16v + 20bhp from chip and de-cat = 157bhp

Standard Willy = 150bhp

sh*t the bed i am definatly getting a chip and de-cat as they would only cost £200 for both and that would be major gains!

Thats a question i want to know.

If you check out BBTunings site they have a de-cat which costs £5 more than K-tech at £45!! BBTuning say that theres will fit any exhaust system even other manufactures aftermarket systems.

Hope this helps,

Kev

a decat on the f7p engine releases the following

137bhp---->>141bhp

116lb/ft---->>119lb/ft

thats all taken from renault when they released the original 19 16vs in france without cats. with a chip ur looking at no more than 5bhp tops. induction kits are poo(nice sound, but thats all). best thjign to do is to fit a bigger airfeed to the origianl air box from the front bumper. that way u get plenty of cold dense air. torque on mways r greatly improved with the airbox mod alone

jimbo

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Scott, take the time to go to the place and get the chip done, de-cat as well whilst you are there. I would never think of doing this myself and it would never be as good. If you did youcould stuff it up or the whole ECU and then where would you be.

Got mt decat (magnex) and chip fitted at BB when I got my cambelt changed. Well worth it. Car pushes out 148 bhp now with magnex exhaust inc decat, chip and BMC CDA IK. May not sound a lot extra but it feels it and anyway everyone claims their valver has 137bhp. That is a manufacturers claim and I have been told by BB 130 is more likely. Even then age and wear could reduce the standard bhp figure.