ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Cat and no light....

Vectra :(
As above, anyone know where i can get a decat for my Mk2 172 from that wont bring on the management light/f**k things up. Been waiting for BB tuning one but its forever in development...Fred? GDI? how much we looking at for a de-cat that wont bring my light on? ( i know its the wimps way but i really dont want my light on :p)

193 mk2
i've got a janspeed silenced de-cat, with both sensors plugged in & as yet no light has come up. its been on for about 8 months. i was told that the light seams to go on 182's more than 172's but i don't know if thats true or why.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
some people with sports cats have their lights come on..... i know at least 4 guys in that situation.

Clio v6
Lam7r said:
As above, anyone know where i can get a decat for my Mk2 172 from that wont bring on the management light/f**k things up. Been waiting for BB tuning one but its forever in development...Fred? GDI? how much we looking at for a de-cat that wont bring my light on? ( i know its the wimps way but i really dont want my light on :p)

It's not a wimps thing. Some people just don't like their car lighting up like a Christmas tree. It would seem we paying customers have to wait for someone to develop this or we just have to put up with it.

Good for BB who are at least trying to give the customer what exactly they want, and not just the make a quick buck half attempt developments of late.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
nice little chap called george has built a gadget for me, but I have not managed to test it yet... its an electronic tool for keeping the light off by essentially replicating the function of the 2nd lambda probe... by fluctuating the signals as a real one does... and giving out the correct voltage...

the reason the dash light comes on is the sensor gives a different voltage when the cats not there to when it does, therefore the light comes on when it thinks the cat it broken or not functioning. (or not there!!!)

Clio v6
Andy GDI said:
nice little chap called george has built a gadget for me, but I have not managed to test it yet... its an electronic tool for keeping the light off by essentially replicating the function of the 2nd lambda probe... by fluctuating the signals as a real one does... and giving out the correct voltage...

the reason the dash light comes on is the sensor gives a different voltage when the cats not there to when it does, therefore the light comes on when it thinks the cat it broken or not functioning. (or not there!!!)

picard.jpg

Make it so.

Turbo Beige
I want tom Decat mine, but i dont want the light on my dash on all the time! Andy, any idea when you have this tested/ready to sell?

If i order a decat from you, do you fancy chucking one in for me to test?

surely a sports cat is the best way forward cos you dont have to take it off for the mot? concerned that light comes on with them though which the best decat to get by the way do magnex do one for the mk2? andi gdi what are you thoughts mate

Turbos.
The problem for most people is that the Sports Cat is much more expensive, doesn't make the car any louder and provides less gains. You can see why people don't bother.

Clio 182
I have a prospeed de-cat on my 182 and the light has stayed off for now. Its been a couple of months so I think i'v been lucky. I'm looking to get a sports cat soon and get rid of the de-cat though.