ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat and remap?

172 cup
Hi all

I am about to get a cat back system and de-cat for my 172, which is standard apart from an air filter and RS tuner remap.

due to fitting the decat, will i need a dyno remap or will the standard RS tuner remap be ok?

172 cup
thats good, just wondering as I remember seeing something about standard cars not running very well on a decat unless remapped?

I've removed cat(s) from plenty Clio 2.0 Sport and never seen a running problem afterward.

This will probably throw up a 'new' debate with men swinging their 'girth' and saying I'm wrong but hey ho. I 100% haven't seen a problem from removing cat and welding in 2 1/4" pipe :)

I'm reading up on the RS Tuner stuff - somebody's got one on ebay I might buy and have a nosey at!

172 cup
cheers that's good to know, no flat spots then?

the RS tuner is a good bit of kit IMO, seems to have made my car run a lot better, feels more responsive and has the added diagnostic bonus to check your car over. Plus you can sell it on after use so works out pretty cheap.

I've never felt flatspots after doing de-cat on Clio 172.

True test would be on Rolling Road, but if you're getting the remap it'll improve torque across rev range. I'm just doing some reading on the RS Tuner work - the OBD fault code is good feature!

172 cup
Cool just waiting for the seller to get back then should be fitting it along with DIY ktec style induction kit