ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De Cat benefits / gains?!

16v
I have been looking to de cat my 172 mk2 phase one for a while and just wonder if it will be worth it power gain wise. Also How much louder does it get!

Cheers

K20 EG Hatch
yeah the smells ace lol

deffinately has made a noticable difference on my 182 and doesn't really make it much louder imo. it is deffinately louder but not too bad at all really....

Throttle responds quicker, stronger pull through entire rev range, deeper burble on full chat (no chavvy sound), occasional popping on overrun, a little less mpg, a b**ch to change at MOT time (172 manifold), quick to change at MOT tim (182 manifold).

16v
Throttle responds quicker, stronger pull through entire rev range, deeper burble on full chat (no chavvy sound), occasional popping on overrun, a little less mpg, a b**ch to change at MOT time (172 manifold), quick to change at MOT tim (182 manifold).

I have no problems with MOT my car is registered in the Channel Island and there is not MOT there lol

I might get it de cat but put a extra silencer because its quite loud as it is!

K20 EG Hatch

Agree other than most of the ppl on here will back me up, its better on mpg with a decat, not worse!!!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Agree other than most of the ppl on here will back me up, its better on mpg with a decat, not worse!!!

Yep, very slight but better mpg.

16v
Cheers guy looks like Im going to get it de cat on saturday! Will let you know how it goes, is there anything that I need to make sure gets done like the the sensor does it need to be welded in again or can I just remove it?

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
if you take it to a decent company they should automatically fit an new lambda sensor, they done mine, there is one either end of the cat, so make sure they are aware of this. and i agree with the rest sounds awesome! not loud at all, just sounds alot healthier and more powerful, and it certainly does increase throttle response, similar rip to that of the v6 ;)

Lionel Richie
fit a new lambda sensor???? do you know how much they cost!!!

you only have to remove one of them and then put it into the decat pipe

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
good to hear this , ive just ordered a 4-branch manifold for mine and wasnt sure to go with a de-cat because ive heard it slows it down .

Clio 172 MK II
gains on my 172 were
1,7 KS on the wheels without remap ( without cat )
6,8 KS on the wheels with remap ( without cat )

Weeman sucks ****
When I was motorway commuting, I was getting 42-46mpg with my decat on. No worries there, mine's probably a hollow pipe by now anyway lol.