ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat + ECU queries

Hi Guys!

Just want to know where i can get a decat pipe for a cup/172. K-tec have one but its only for the MK1. Or can you get away with leaving the 2nd lambda sensor unplugged?

Short of cash at the mo, but would it be best to couple this with the Group N ECU (love the idea of revving to almost 8 grand!) or a full s/s system?

Integra DC5 Type R

Would renault really have put 2 lambda sensors in if one doesnt matter???

You can get a "sports cat" from Ktec, which accomodates the two lambda sensors. Costs about £300 and Ktec claim to give you an extra 7 bhp from the cat alone.

Maybe 1 lambda sensor will be ok, depends on your ECU. If your ECU is aftermarket (e.g. Hillpower Group N), it may be set up based on 1 lambda sensor.

MEGANE

Janspeed do a de-cat for the cup £134.98, but they seem to be a bit slow getting them despatched!!!

Cheers for the input guys!

Does the Janspeed accomadate 2 lambda sensors? And if the sports cat from K-tec gives approx 7bhp, how much will a straight through pipe give? Im not bothered about the eco tree warriers, and dont mind changing it every year, but if a sports cat will just go straight on no problems then it might be the answer. Pricey though.

Has anyone got away with just a de cat, and leving the 2nd sensor loose? (Its for a cup, if that makes any difference. - probably not)

jesus will people listen to me my car was decated for over 5 months and about 5k it does not need the second lamda at all even renault have told me this jesus h christ all it does is think the car is warm all the time so chucks a bit more fuel in thats all pops well too

Integra DC5 Type R

dogmaul, take a pill dude.

fair enough, now you have explained it, thats cool. people need a REASON why the cat doesnt need the extra sensor, rather than just SAYING it doesnt. Cant blame people for being cautious not wanting to f**k up their engines...

yes but its been stated many many many many times that it is not needed all you do is disconect the plug ffrom the lead thats it

Now call me stupid. But if youve got a sports exhust with hidden-tail pipes. Wont people just assume that your exhaust is blowing?!?!?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Oi Stupid!! ;)

Its more for the subtle look, when Im not in the car. Id prefer to know that it looks just like a normal clio to the untrained eye.

More of a sleeper look :)

Humm ;) each to their own!!

Although I would rather hope that my beast was never described as "just like a normal clio" :eek: I think the poor girl might be a little pissed at that one!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the second lamda sensor is there so the injection computer can self test the cat.it doesnt serve any purpose to engine running unlike the first lambda sensor.weird how unplugging it doesnt bring the warning light on though because in theory it should.

I dont want anything below the bumper. personally i dont think it looks right unless you cut the bumper (which i dont wanna do) but everyone has a different opinion on this, and at the end of the day its down to personal preference. Gonna get the De-cat, and Group N once of sold a few bits, then when ive got cash again hopefully K-tec will have released the exhaust.

Nippy white cup

My m8 just chopped the cat either side and welded a straight pipe in its place. Both the sensors are still in place and no warning lights have come on. Got a pipercross IK and Rsport ecu and full system. RR at 180 bhp but it seems to pull from much lower down and doesnt dip much all the way to limiter (just short of 8k)!

Chris

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 26 January 2004

My m8 just chopped the cat either side and welded a straight pipe in its place. Both the sensors are still in place and no warning lights have come on. Got a pipercross IK and Rsport ecu and full system. RR at 180 bhp but it seems to pull from much lower down and doesnt dip much all the way to limiter (just short of 8k)!

Chris

Exactly what I did in my mk1

got me an extra 2km/h and dropped my time by 0.2s over the 1/4 mi.

Next up is to do the rest of the zorst and chip