ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

de-cat = engine management light ?? info needed plz

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
Iv just got myself a lovely 182 cup 55 plate , so i sent for a new milltek de-cat to put on her soon as i picked her up, so the story goes ,that i have heard the engine management light will come on when you put a de-cat on, BUT the thing that is really throwing me, is that i had my new milltek de-cat put on tuesday, the guy from the garage rings me up to say she's ready,so off i go to pick my pride n joy up,jump in , put the key in and turn her over and theres NO enginemanagment light on ?,so i drive off from the garage totally made up to bits, big smile on my face,

and then tonight im in 182 and i notice the e/m light is on ,oh s**t im thinking, but she is running like a dream still,.......so people does this sound right ,will the light have come on through the new milltek de-cat,..any info from anyone is a big thanks , i'm new to this site and new to the club,so can any1 put my mind at ease,Ijust want to say 2 days later when the e/m light came on

thanks m,

Last edited:
  Ph 1 172
The light usually comes on but makes no difference to performance, sometimes it comes on sometimes it don't it's fine though so nothing to worry bout

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
They would of turned it off, obviously it was going to come back on. As above, won't cause issues.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Not sure if the light being on will be an issue come MOT time or will you put a cat on for that?

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
Not sure if the light being on will be an issue come MOT time or will you put a cat on for that?

yeh the bloke at the garage, told me that too, plus i knew that anyway,iv'e still got my cat.....and plus when i bought the milltek decat..theres a bit of pipe/extention bit , the same bore as the milltek anyway the bloke told me to keep hold of that to for my M.O.T,

cheers marcus.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Had the same thing happen when I had a de-cat.. no light for about 2 weeks then it flashed up whilst on motorway to scare me!

Only worry come MOT time!

SG9 Forester STi
My light came on with both the 1.4 and the 182 engine. They will have turned it off for you and you'll find that no matter how many times you turn it off it'll pop back within a week or two.

I used an OBD fault code reader to get rid of my light for a little while but in the end you get used to it. Now it just stays on with the other 4 or 5 I've got used to. It's nothing to worry about :)