ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat question

BG 182
I've had a search on here before asking this question :)

basically I've got an OMP Inox exhaust system on my 172 and I'm thinking of a de-cat as I currently have a sports cat in place. My question is it worth bothering with a de-cat ? And how much will this affect my MPG as with a sports cat I'm averaging round 32mpg round town

cheers chris

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
When i got my decat done the only REAL difference it made was a bit more noise.

It might make more difference when you get a remap if you already have a decat fitted but on a standard car it doesnt make it any faster! Imo anyways

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My economy is better with sport exhaust+ decat:S?? It's got more torque with decat for sure , this is on autogas by the way.

The only way its likely to make your economy better is if the map you are running is better suited to it TBH mate, not cause of the decat itself.

Unless your cat is actually blocked its very unrestrictive at part throttle where economy is an issue.

clio sport ph 1
I mapped it myself gas ecu (slightly rich) + ignition on low rpm is 6 ° advance . This is how I get more torque . But when orginal exhaust + cat is on it's crap.
So think decat + map it .

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I mapped it myself gas ecu (slightly rich) + ignition on low rpm is 6 ° advance . This is how I get more torque . But when orginal exhaust + cat is on it's crap.
So think decat + map it .

Maybe its something to do with the autogas for you particular application.