ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat/Sports Cat

Mk4 .:R32
Looking at doing a few breather mods to my car. Just wondering if it's worth the hassle getting a decat or should I just fork out more for the sports cat?

Has anyone got any vids or sound clips of a 172 with decat?

Cheers

172 cup'd extreme
For a 172 you have to think about changing it come MOT time its a b**ch to change, if you know a friendly MOT station then it doesnt matter and a decat will give you the best increase in performance.

182,200sx s14a,Discovery
how are they a biatch to change? surey the decat is just a couple of bolts like any normal exhaust, i havent had a chance to get under there yet and have a looksy!

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
i got a sports cat and stainless steel exhaust from longlife and as soon as i drove my cup i could feel the difference in performance, i dont know about the decat but the sports cat is the bomb...

I defo want one. I should hopefully see an alright increase in performance after sorting a CAF for my induction kit (currently it sucks in warm air from the engine bay) and getting a decat and possibly a stealth system

mini cooper (RIP 172)
ive been thinkin the same! i'm tryin to see if i can get some one to be my best m8 durin mot time;) if i can then i'll get a de-cat! if not i'll work a bit harder and earn some extra cash for the spoers cat:rolleyes:

but what gains will they be between each one?

Don't think theres much in it, but sports cats are generally about 300 quid, whereas the decats are between 90 and 130. Might just get an mot just before I get a decat seeing as it's only about 42 quid.

Don't like magnex systems tbh. Bit big and loud. I suppose the noise depends on the rest of your exhaust system. It will defo be a raspy noise, it will sound like a rally car without the dump valve.

182 Cup, Octavia VRS Tdi
decat all the way, my best mod so far, bit loud tho!

Is it loud even on a standard exhaust though? I'm a bit worried about the noise. Lets be honest, as standard the exhaust makes no noise what so ever.

Got a sound clip of a standard exhaust with decat?

Clio 172 mk2
I went for a sports cat as a) I'm lazy so can't be aresed to change it every year and b) with roadside emissions checks and fines etc becoming more common better off with sports cat