ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat

clio mk2 1.2 16v
Heard a strange rattle under my car this mornin so I had a treck to STS. My bloody cats buggered! He sed £250 for a new one or £40 to de-cat it :D . So its in there gettin it dun know, just wonderin what gains a de-cat will give, only got a 1.2 16v
cheers

Focus ST
it'll rev more freely top end, and also pop and bang on over run like my 19 did :) It'll give prolly about a 2bhp gain, depending on how the engine is etc etc.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
won't give any power gain i'd imagine. I had mine done...Wasn't really any different.

Chocolate Bar™
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
won't give any power gain i'd imagine. I had mine done...Wasn't really any different.

i've got a sports cat on mine and its great. noticable difference and gives a really nice noise to the exhaust :D

clio mk2 1.2 16v
just got my car back, he sed he cudnt de-cat it coz its got a sensor before the cat n 1 after, dnt know how a decat wud effect this but hey. Wots the going rate for a new cat? n will any damage occur if i dnt get 1 soon?
cheers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
balls! ive been getting a funny rattle too and the rotten egg smell from the cat! where can you get the sports cats and do you still pass an mot with them?

clio mk2 1.2 16v
I mite try n get a sports cat aswell. Mine doesnt smell jus rattles like mad, the guy at STS sed i dnt need a new one like majorly. I really want a decat 2 make it sound abit deeper but i dnt understant y they cnt put one on. How many miles u dun martin 89? iv dun jus over 30,000 n im wonderin y my cats gon!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
why cant he put the de-cat on???? just because it has 2 sensors means s**t! all that does is take a reading from before the cat, and one after, and sees if the polution difference is acceptible....all you have to do is tie the second sensor up under the car!!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
no it wont...he's talking s**t....and is trying to make more moeny of you. do a search on here, theres a whole thread about it. i wouldnt mk this up.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
if you dont want to spend any money, the easyest/cheapest thing to do is;

take your cat off, knock the insides out with hammer and screw driver, then block up second sensor hole with a bolt and heat past, and put the cat back on. tie up second sensor (or you can disconnect it all together, but a light show on your dash) job done....instant decat!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
what age is your car? the cat might look a bit diff, as its 3rd party, not renualt. i bought one for my 1.2 1997 clio, and it fitted 100%. plus they come with 2 years cover...i forgot to say, this company sells on ebay to, with about 20% knock off....

clio mk2 1.2 16v
its a 52 plate. Yeah my m8 sed its the one i need but it wud luk different coz its a newer part. My cat at the mo actually makes my car sound abit better, lol jus the rattlins abit annoyin

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Soko87 said:
its a 52 plate. Yeah my m8 sed its the one i need but it wud luk different coz its a newer part. My cat at the mo actually makes my car sound abit better, lol jus the rattlins abit annoyin

lol it sounds better, as the insides of the cat have broken up, so you have str8 thru/de-cat at the mo. you dont want to leave it like that tho, as the insides can turn around, and block the pipe....then you'll have no power, and the exhaust will go mighty quiet lol.

Chocolate Bar™
you can get a sports cat from powerflow, although mine vowed never to do one again on a 1.2 as it was such an arse. worth while askin though :)