ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat

Ive just been lookin on the k-tec site and saw they do a silenced version.

Has any 1 had either of them and what do they sound like?

neil

Not used one, but an silenced de-cat seems to negate the whole purpose of buying one, to remove any restrictions to gas flow.

Surely there is some restriction when quietening it down?

a silenced pipe is still straight through, it just has stuff on the outside of the pipe to help quieten it down. to be fair ive had both and imo there isnt a lot of difference noise wise-theyre still both pretty loud. i had a full p/flow system with a silenced decat and it popped an banged like a good un. now have a full magnex with a silenced decat. it doesnt seem any less noisy although it doesnt pop and bang anywhere near as much.

clio 20v

Quote: Originally posted by riplash on 28 December 2003

Not used one, but an silenced de-cat seems to negate the whole purpose of buying one, to remove any restrictions to gas flow.

Surely there is some restriction when quietening it down?
i agree u wont notice a diff

me goin from a silenced to straight thru defo made a differance on mine

imo a silenced de-cat is a waste of money specially as there more expensive than a straight pipe