ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Locking Advice

After seeing the broken lock on in pictures forum im curious as to how much de-locking would cast, and what it involves. Do you just unlock the car by a button on a remote?

Sy

Some cars have this feature, such as the mondeo, sure it is possible. usually if you de-lock a boot you wirte up a HD solinoid to a button on the dash whihc pops the boot

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

For that sort of thing, youll need soleniods (Like a magnet), which when activated, will "pop" the door open...thats the only way you can do it without any handles. I will advise you though, that you need at least one keyhole, as what would you do without keyholes, if your battery died? Short of brick, you cant get into the car to open bonnet to charge battery, or connect something to the terminals which would then allow the solenoid to work.

Yeah fair point Donnyo. Im interested in de-locking the boot and smoothing it over as i think that looks good. Are theyre kits out there for this or do i just pop down to a bodyshop and speak to them about it?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Go to a few places, and get some quotes, but are you just going to de-lock, or de-lock AND de-handle? If its the second, then youll need some kind of boot release button like Lunner mentioned, its more work, and therefore the price will rise accordingly as youve gotta get the bits removed, then smoothed over, then resprayed to match rest, and its a fair few man-hours

extra bit of info for you, if you are thinking of de-handling then without handles it will fail the MOT! think there are two ways to go

1) de handle but have a nice little hidden switch underneath the wing mirror to open the doors (and remote control if you wish) this way it will pass the MOT i think.

2)de handle completely only able to open the doors from the remote and it wont apss an MOT!

de-locking a new clio is a relatively easy job for a body shop they take the lock out, and build up the door filling in the hole or covering it and make it all nice and smooth then spray it! Not easy to do yourself I imagine but not a horrific job for a good bodyshop.

as said above tho make sure you have an accesible lock somewhere cos altho you may hink it will never happen to you, your battery will die one day and lobbing a brick through the window isnt a particularly nice way to start your day!!!!

"Navy" N17 TWO

iv got a 2004 dynamique, the drivers door has no keyhole but the passenger door has :eek:- why? :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by trevq on 29 June 2004

iv got a 2004 dynamique, the drivers door has no keyhole but the passenger door has :eek:- why? :confused:
Cos its french and renault are saving money!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Quote: Originally posted by donnyo on 27 June 2004

For that sort of thing, youll need soleniods (Like a magnet), which when activated, will "pop" the door open...thats the only way you can do it without any handles. I will advise you though, that you need at least one keyhole, as what would you do without keyholes, if your battery died? Short of brick, you cant get into the car to open bonnet to charge battery, or connect something to the terminals which would then allow the solenoid to work.
lol I learnt the hard way there pal...........When i did it on a mates car, I eventually wired a sealed plug socket located behind the sill, which was directly wired to the cars battery. (bought it from desmondtweeks)

So if it ever went flat, and the car was locked we connected a donnor battery to this plug (only had a postive/negative connection) to be able to get in the car as a back measure.

I believe thtrer has the be a mechanical way fof opening the front doors.

Im gonna get mine de-locked but not de-handled.

Teh boot is easy to do, its just a HD solinoid connected up to a switch int he car, dont need remote anything. And the locks are just remote central locking, as std on all Rts, 16vs etc

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Northy, why doesnt that surprise me? ;)

PS. are you gonna have your beastie up n running and sweet for the RR session on Saturday?

Quote: Originally posted by trevq on 29 June 2004

Security, I read..

If someones messing about with the passenger lock, it looks more suspicious than the drivers side..

or, they are using French doors..

or, they are tight, haha.