ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead fly removal

Focus RS, 182 gone
Got loads of dead flies on my front bumper and wing morrors, and they refuse to budge when i try and wash them off. Whats the best way of removing them? will they polish off??

ST
Wash the car 1st n get as many off as possible, soak some large micro fibre towels in hot water and hang them sort of from the bonnet down over the bumper for 5 mins, this also works on glass...

Then wash again, clay, wash, polish seal, wax....sorted.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
nice hot soapy water and a nice sponge! mmm dead flies.

also, the water afterwards can be served as a tasty soup with some stale bread.

ST
'Shudders'.....i only use the bug removal mesh on glass..it scratches black gold like you've used a brilo pad on it!!

Clio 182
Alan said:
'Shudders'.....i only use the bug removal mesh on glass..it scratches black gold like you've used a brilo pad on it!!

lol I consider myself told off, but then again you haven't seen the state of my front bumper! Can't say I've noticed any bad effect on my wing mirrors though...

106 GTi
I just wash them off with soapy water and a lambswool mitt.

... loads of wax so I dont think they can stick!

ST
Karen said:
lol I consider myself told off, but then again you haven't seen the state of my front bumper! Can't say I've noticed any bad effect on my wing mirrors though...

I've never done arctic blue but black gold is proper homosex, you look at it the wrong way at it scratches!!!

RB 182
Have you tried Poorboys Bug Squash or Einzett Anti Insect instead of using a sponge to do it as these can be used to in a sense soften the bugs to remove them when washing normally.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Most of the flies on my car were embedded into at 130 lol. They won't come off!

Clio 182
Alan said:
I've never done arctic blue but black gold is proper homosex, you look at it the wrong way at it scratches!!!

I'll post a pic next time I clean one of my wing mirrors with it, but they *seem* ok!

Leon Cupra 300
azzer2000 said:
how much are them m8, what if theyve been dead on ur bumper for about 3 months lol

a couiple of quid thats it.. use some of the other advice like plenty of warm soapy water on first to try and loosen them up a little bit then just rub with one of these mesh sponges.. gets every last mark off mine:cool:

Titanium 182 full fa
invest in some Poorboys Bug squash from cleanandshiny.co.uk, its great stuff and just watch thoose dead little gits slide off.........

106 GTi
Anyone tried the Autoglym one? I have a bottle here but have never needed to use it.

VaVa
I used the autoglym one before I did mine last week....seemed to work quite well, but there was still some P21s wax on her from the last time judging by the way the water was still beading a little.

I usually high pressure hose the front to get rid of any grit etc and they spray the whole front of the car and wing mirrors with the AG stuff. Leave for a while then rinse and wip with a MF. Seem to be quite effective.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I use a mix of shampoo and water , spray on the dried bugs and let them soften up and rehydrate while i spray my wheels and get the pressure washer ready . Then they usually come off no problem with the pressure washer , also like Karen says the back of the megs lambswool mitt with the mesh gets em off , never marks the paintwork on arctic blue .

You can also use wd40 as well .

106 GTi
A bit overkill though as it will also strip whatever wax or sealant of your paint aswell. Not a problem if your rewaxing after.