ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dealer what they offered for my 182!!!!

He said at first £9500 he then went to £10000

it an 04 plate cup pack with 10k on the clock now.......

gutted

what should i do sell it private?

help me please?

looking on autotrader you wont get much more on there, and people are struggling to sell there 182s too at the minute

fantastic thats all i need and after he said that

he said but if you buy a 225 from us i could sort you out witha better price.....

im not too sure how good they........service intervals at every 20k and it is a reno???

what do you think?

Ditto!

Looked at swopping mine against an STi, got p/ex deals ranging from £9.75k to £10k

Cost me just over £13k in April (UK car with both cup packs, 8k miles) - thats £500 depreciation a month!

Privately you may get £10.5k up to £11k if youre lucky - its all the motorpoint ones new at £11,750 that do it I think!

dont mean to piss you off, but they are selling for about £10.500 on autotrader, they are quite a few more that have higher prices on them but they have been on for weeks and just arent shifting, i know coz was looking for ages and the same ones kept appearing, and even the cheaper ones didnt go, theres a few on here trying to sell them and theres just no interest.

i think its mainly due to the fact that you can pick up new ones for 11.5k

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..why sell if you havnt had the car very long? the majority of ppl who buy new do not look at resale values..

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by haitch on 11 November 2004
..why sell if you havnt had the car very long? the majority of ppl who buy new do not look at resale values..

exactly.

Quote: Originally posted by craigs.cup on 11 November 2004

what do we all think to the 225???
apart from the back end?
Good car supposidle I prefere the CLio personally I wouldnt pay the money there asking for one there are cars Id want before I chose it.

Plus the pedels are to close together for me.

Quote: Originally posted by JoelDee on 11 November 2004

Did you laugh in his face mate?? dont let him pull your pants down
No-one should be surprised at this. Yes its crap to lose so much on a car in such a short period, but you did buy a Renault. It may be the best hot hatch about but this is why when it comes to re-sale your CTR or VW GTI buyer is laughing. I know thats not why people buy 182s but its not shocking that you lose a packet on them when you come to get rid.

what do we all think to the 225???

apart from the back end?

He will give you more money for your 182 against a 225 but will most likely make you pay full price for the 225 and you will lose about 4 k on that as soon as you drive out of the garage.

Skoda Fabia vRS

no surprise really, id say 10k was a reasonable deal when you can get a brand new one from Motorpoint for 11500

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

And all those who said get an official UK rather than import or motropoint because of resale must be feeling rather glum now. Id rather save the money in the first place and you would lose less in the long run.

Unless of course I am wrong and the imports are going for 8 or 9k which I doubt.

Elise/VX220/R26

all sporty cars are difficult to sell. The assumption is that there all thrashed so people prefer to buy new. Its not just renaults although 182s look to be as bad as 172 for depreciation

P

peterh2

It probably would have made more sense to get an import… says me who has a UK one on order

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Matty on 11 November 2004

And all those who said get an official UK rather than import or motropoint because of resale must be feeling rather glum now. Id rather save the money in the first place and you would lose less in the long run.

Unless of course I am wrong and the imports are going for 8 or 9k which I doubt.

WRONG, at the price I paid for my UK car and many others on here there was no real difference between the two, plus, if the 182s are hard to sell and its a buyers market, you try selling one without the cup packs like the imports, you have very little chance when there are so many cupped ones forsale!!!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Id buy one used without cup packs ...

You could say the majority of used 182s have the cup packs therefore there is greater choice and the buyer in the buyers market could afford to be a bit more choosey because there are more...but because they are more popular they would appeal to wider selection of buyers...

Then a non cup pack 182 would create less interest but as there is less choice it might sell ok because there is less choice and if someone like me wants one without the cup packs i couldnt afford to be as choosey.

There are pros and cons when owning both at selling up time im sure.

TBH i dont care too much because in my situation i didnt buy it with an eye on resales,i got mine to enjoy and thats what im doing.:)

I always part ex my cars anyway because im lazy and cant be arsed selling private,never get as much money to start with doing that but never have a problem getting rid ! There are lots of people who dont sell private so it wont be an issue for these and me.We get ripped off but try to get something back on the new car price.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

So moral of the story is to lose least amount of money get one as cheap as possible, regardless of where from new. And if not bothered about cup packs then get an import or go to a supermarket. And if not getting a cup and keeping because its the car you want then can always add better suspension and alloys than a cup comes with.

Or keep a car for longer than this. Dont understand why peopel buy a car for a few months or a year as the depreceation you get is ridiculous.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Matty on 11 November 2004

So moral of the story is to lose least amount of money get one as cheap as possible, regardless of where from new. And if not bothered about cup packs then get an import or go to a supermarket. And if not getting a cup and keeping because its the car you want then can always add better suspension and alloys than a cup comes with.

Or keep a car for longer than this. Dont understand why peopel buy a car for a few months or a year as the depreceation you get is ridiculous.
the ones at my local Sainsburys are too dear though.

320d

Basically reno dont want your car coz they are only ever interested in new car sales figures, unless you were part exchanging it against a 225 for example they would offer you more for the 182 but theyd still make there money back through the finance

Id never buy a new car thats why i waited for the 182s to come out then bought a low milage Mk2 172 for 8k - youve just got to accept the depreiation is huge and try to buy accordingly, youre always going to loose money on cars it just the way it is

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 11 November 2004

You can get imports with the cup packs now though cant you?
i have never seen any Jill, but then I havent actively looked for one.

fantastic thats all i need and after he said that he said but if you buy a 225 from us i could sort you out witha better price..... im not too sure how good they........service intervals at every 20k and it is a reno???what do you think?

I doubt he will do much better against a 225, or even a 255.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Buying a new car then selling it after a few months is the easiest way to lose money known to man. Doesnt matter whether you buy from a supermarket or a dealer, youll lose.

Have a good think about what you want, buy one, and keep it for at least 2 years.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

When a dealer says that youll get a better deal if......

Theyll usually adjust the APR to get it back outta you, so that it looks cheaper at a glance, but theyre screwin you for the money in the long run.

It could be worse though, if you had a car thats several years old, then youd get next to nothing out of a dealer, as most would auction it as trade which they would get next to nothing for.

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 11 November 2004

You can get imports with the cup packs now though cant you?
I got my 182 with cup packs in March/April brand new on 04 import! yes but there are very few it was the only one they had and was the same price as the non cup ones?? they havent had any since!!! maybe Im lucky?

Yup - thought Id lose a packet if I sold after 6 months - although the Subaru garage has offered me a good deal now on an 04 STi (£13k trade in - although obviously theyre discounting the STi massively) - decisions decisions!

Cup 172

telford_mike has hit the nail on the head. Any new car bar a very select few, or ones with a waiting list (which usually go hand in hand), lose alot of their depreciation in the first 12 months.

According to most information sources, CLIO 182s will be worth 50-55% of their list price after 3 years, but I would suspect that 30% probably goes in the first year alone!

My Dad has just bought a 6 month old 320d Sport in Estoril Blue. List price was £27,500, he has just paid around 22k. 5½ grand in 6 months!

If you plan on changing your car alot, then there is no point buying new. Buy a 12 month old one and sell it when 3 years old.

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 12 November 2004

Yup - thought Id lose a packet if I sold after 6 months - although the Subaru garage has offered me a good deal now on an 04 STi (£13k trade in - although obviously theyre discounting the STi massively) - decisions decisions!
Thats not a bad deal but whats the insurance like on one of those for you?

Quote: Originally posted by craigs.cup on 12 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 12 November 2004

Thats not a bad deal but whats the insurance like on one of those for you?
Would put it up to £1k (from £500 for the 182) - more worried about being mugged in it though!!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by MIKE-CUP on 12 November 2004

telford_mike has hit the nail on the head. Any new car bar a very select few, or ones with a waiting list (which usually go hand in hand), lose alot of their depreciation in the first 12 months.

According to most information sources, CLIO 182s will be worth 50-55% of their list price after 3 years, but I would suspect that 30% probably goes in the first year alone!

My Dad has just bought a 6 month old 320d Sport in Estoril Blue. List price was £27,500, he has just paid around 22k. 5½ grand in 6 months!

If you plan on changing your car alot, then there is no point buying new. Buy a 12 month old one and sell it when 3 years old.
Totally agree. Buy a new car and sell it within 6 months and ur going to loose a shed load.

Going to try and hang on to mine until warranty is nearly out (March 07). Hopefully get 5-6k for it and then order clio 200 (if reno pull their finger out and give us what we want!)