ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dear Jeremy Townsend......

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 04 July 2005

How much are cup racers to buy from Renault and do you have to be a race team to buy one? does anyone know.
£13k is you buy them in bulk that the complete car and box. One off your looking at £18k I think.

There was a racer for sale reciently though £0 I think they wanted with a bunch of spares.

Id love to buy one only problem is they need other stuff ie transporter to be used on track days.

anyone can buy one.

New - £23,000 inc vat & delivery to london.

cant get them anymore tho - last one was ordered last tuesday.

/y0z

Clio 197

oooh...

... and something that requires less visits to the dealers for things going wrong...

... and something easily servicable yourself after a track-day (anyone tried to change their oil filter?!!)

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 07 July 2005

anyone can buy one.

New - £23,000 inc vat & delivery to london.

cant get them anymore tho - last one was ordered last tuesday.

/y0z

w**k :cry: out of my price range anyway. How much they changing hands for used ?

Weeman sucks ****

Is it not worth just stripping a standard one right back, moving the battery, fitting the magnesium 15s and fitting race coilovers on? That cant be far off a racer then??

u can buy them if you ring the teams that are on the renault sport web site, there are some not compeating due to funding. Apparently they go for between 7 to 12 k.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 07 July 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">7k sounds more like it, wonder how much to get it through an SVA

Ask y0z. lol

SVA is that the gear box. I spoke to someone the other day, said rebuild after 2000 miles. Im sure yoz nos more than me tho

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 07 July 2005
Theres no radio ;)

The sequencial box and cage kinda make up for it lol :p

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 07 July 2005

7k sounds more like it, wonder how much to get it through an SVA
You could always but a crashed 172 etc or but a shell from J3ned for a few hundred quick and swop the plate round then using a Mk1 wiring loom wire up the electrics.

Id love one for £7k and quite honestly Id buy one (I know a of one for sale for that much reciently) but youd need a tow car realistically to use one.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Lol, they missed the target by quite some margin IMO (apart from the colour). Shame, I now have nothing to lust after so I'll just need to keep my172 for a while yet.

Rob669