ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dear Jeremy Townsend......

with 4 point harnesses, you will NOT need airbags, nor will you get anywhere near the steering wheel ;)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 01 July 2005

So who is this Jeremy TOMSEND guy ? :D
Mr Boss man at Renault UK (hes a member)

i purely want Renault to put their balls on the line and make a proper hardcore clio

(GAYBOYS obviously wont be interested in buying one)

[Edited by mailto:FredICAN@TSPELL2001Dynamic"> FredICAN TSPELL2001Dynamic on 01 July 2005 at 6:55pm]

ooops

BMW 320d Sport

LOL well I agree with white. Switchable ABS would be the thing. And big brakes. If it came with a cage, 4 point harnesses and proper seats then an airbag wouldnt be required.

What I want to know is can air con be retrofitted to a Cup!

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 02 July 2005

If it was yes I wouldnt be buying an RX8!

good man I just bought the Mrs one of those ;)

Personally i dont think id buy such a hard core car, be ok for trackdays but living with it as a every day car would be a pain in the arse.

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 01 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 01 July 2005

So who is this Jeremy TOMSEND guy ? :D
Mr Boss man at Renault UK (hes a member)

i purely want Renault to put their balls on the line and make a proper hardcore clio

(GAYBOYS obviously wont be interested in buying one)

[Edited by mailto:FredICAN@TSPELL2001Dynamic">FredICAN TSPELL2001Dynamic on 01 July 2005 at 6:55pm]

ooops

why do you think renault would listen to US??

they never have in the past....:p

tiTTy & SV650

if you have genuine wants then do it formally, get a petition together and address it to reno see if they respond and if they take it on board.

no point in abusive posts, airbags arent gay power steering is

Silver

Wide track as per rally cars.

Good brakes (not that the std ones are bad)

switchable ABS

M3 CSL type seats (failing that look at any other such as Recaros)

Lower seating -3" to 4"

Optimum A/B road handling as thats where they will be used most!

Sub 1000kg weight

Must have a spare wheel

Auto torque biasing diff

Have an option list for the things that do not matter such as,

styles of wheels (nothing wrong with the std ones)

rollcages (pointless on the road)

harnesses (pointless and a pain on the road)

spoilers (must be functional if fitted)

trackday suspension (let them fit this if they want to track it)

And finally,

Think enthusiast, think homologation special, create something which is fun.

To all those wanting to cuddle their airbags watch one go off infront of you. We used to have to trigger faulty ones and they go off with alot of noise and force. One of the guys i know was working on a car with the dashtop off and hadnt disconnected the battery.... ever seen someones head go through a windscreen?? he was lucky not to have been killed.

Lee

BMW M2C

I thought it was proven that temporary deafness and minor explosive burns were prefered to smashing your face off the dashboard/wheel otherwise cars wouldnt have airbags?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 03 July 2005
I thought it was proven them temporary deafness and minor explosive burns were prefered to smashing your face off the dashboard/wheel otherwise cars wouldnt have airbags?

Totally agree Lee, was just about to say the same, the airbag in my 106 SAVED MY LIFE!, What other advert for them do you want, they arent there for fun they are there to stop your driving from killing you, yes I had a couple of minor burn marks on my arms but my glasses didnt even break and my body was still in one piece!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Quote: Originally posted by stu8v on 03 July 2005

Silver

Wide track as per rally cars.

Good brakes (not that the std ones are bad)

switchable ABS

M3 CSL type seats (failing that look at any other such as Recaros)

Lower seating -3" to 4"

Optimum A/B road handling as thats where they will be used most!

Sub 1000kg weight

Must have a spare wheel

Auto torque biasing diff

Have an option list for the things that do not matter such as,

styles of wheels (nothing wrong with the std ones)

rollcages (pointless on the road)

harnesses (pointless and a pain on the road)

spoilers (must be functional if fitted)

trackday suspension (let them fit this if they want to track it)

And finally,

Think enthusiast, think homologation special, create something which is fun.
Think id prefer one of these myself...!! Not a fan of white at all.... had white cars and VANS :sick: in the past, and theyre a real b**ch to keep clean and stain free.... So maybe "b**ch" would be a good name for Freds version..! No offence Fred..;) Great topic to start..!!

Lionel Richie

hum i might have to start a list of cliosport homos

first person on list

Leeroy

cmon or jerry, sort it out!!!!

On the subject of airbags would anyone like to point me in the direction of a car involved in competative motorsport where they use them.....? Most seem to bounce off trees other cars and crash barriers at considerably more speed than we will be travelling at on most journeys without caving their face off on the steering wheel or dashboard.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 03 July 2005
On the subject of airbags would anyone like to point me in the direction of a car involved in competative motorsport where they use them.....? Most seem to bounce off trees other cars and crash barriers at considerably more speed than we will be travelling at on most journeys without caving their face off on the steering wheel or dashboard.

Racing cars have welded seams, roll cages and full harnesses, things that arent practical in main stream road cars.

I have harnesses and if i was in an accident heavy enough to get my face anywhere near the dash or wheel when strapped into those it would be game over airbags or not.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 03 July 2005

I have harnesses and if i was in an accident heavy enough to get my face anywhere near the dash or wheel when strapped into those it would be game over airbags or not.
That reminds me of when we put the ginetta through the sva test, the tester complained about the radius of the heat control knob saying you could cut your head on it in an accident, we pointed out that a cut would be the last of our worries if our head was anywhere near the location of the knob (lower centre console) in an accident, he still failed the car with that as one of the problems.

Lee

BMW M2C

Thats what Im saying. Its one or the other.

After what happened to Roamer you can see how good harnesses are. They just arent practical for some people in daily use.

Anyway, well have to sort that weekend out for sometime this month.

Best be next month gayboy my funds are low, i will lick your trophy when u come up there though. You can have a go in my noisy impractical rattly pile of sh*t with no interior.

dk

911 GTS Cab

do you drive round with a helmet then Loony like they do in competitive motorsport with a HANS device etc?

I crashed at 70 mph into a tree and the airbag saved me so no matter how fast you crash, an airbag can still save your life.

Most of you moaning about not suitable for daily use have missed the point. This hypothetical Clio isnt going to be for everybody, its going to be for the few that think the Trophy was a cop out, and not hardcore enough. They want something that will mainly stay on the track, but be used for the odd bit of back road blatting. There are people that will sacrifice safety for extra speed and handling.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I ran harnesses and buckets everyday in my total impractical Clio. Loved very minute of it. Its amazing how quickly you can adapt.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

LOL...

IIRC... Madigras MotorSport said this was something Renault had investigated doing sometime ago...

But with all the legalitys of having a full roll cage etc it was impractical to manufacture... In the age of sueing, just because you broke a finger nail putting ur seat belt on etc... I fully understand why...

The thing is if you want to get hold of a Renault with all those things it is possible ie. ex ClioCup racer or a Rally car with most of the above spec...

172, Tiguan

There was a fully road legal Cup racer at the Ring a few weeks back - sadev box, cage, etc etc. I think thats the best solution.

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 01 July 2005
Yeah lets remove the airbags and smash our faces on the steering wheel. Great idea Fred.

With Full buckets & 4 point harnesses - youd have a job!

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 04 July 2005
There was a fully road legal Cup racer at the Ring a few weeks back - sadev box, cage, etc etc. I think thats the best solution.

really? strange that I thought the same thing ;-)

/y0z