ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deathloop

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I was tempted by it but I've read mixed reviews. I'll probably pick it up when it's cheaper.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah I've not seen many bad reviews. The ones I usually check are IGN: "10/10 MASTERPIECE" and Polygon: "Deathloop is one of the most incredible games I’ve ever played"

I just downloaded it yesterday and spent an hour on it. Too soon to give a verdict but certainly has my interest...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It's a shame that Arkane's Prey and, more specifically, Mooncrash (Prey DLC / add-on) never really hit the big time with gamers. Mooncrash does the 'deathloop' thing really, really well.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up and started it whilst slightly drunk last night. I forgotten that I had Amazon gift cards so used those. I've finished Spiderman and am bored of assassin's creed and fancied a new game before Vanguard and Battlefield come out.
You can tell it's a Bethesda game from the get go. Very similar to Dishonored and I'm not convinced that's a good thing. I liked Dishonored but hated the sequel, so much that I sold it the same day I bought it.

I'm going to go through this this week and see how I get on.

The reviews I've read have all been from my Google home page. Some excellent, some poor. I can't remember the actual review sites though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've lost loads of time on this due to the back menu bug which freezes the game and forces you to close it down.
With no manual save points , you can spend ages exploring, check something at the menu, and then lose all progress because it freezes.
I've also had loads of stuttering when moving in this game although I've read to change the performance settings (shouldn't need to though, it's made for PS5 hardware!)

I'll be putting this down until I notice an update for it and hope it sorts those issues out.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I found Dishonored 2 a bit of a chore (never played the original) but it did have some good game play, and a decent story. I found the graphics awful though; like literally a generation behind.

I've just finished the first loop. I think it's going to be okay. It's the kind of game I was trying to get away from to be honest, which is why I liked Ratchet & Clank so much (just so much more casual - which is me all over) I just can't be bothered with complicated weapon upgrades and remembering so many controls. To me it's not fun. I swear Half-Life wasn't like that which is top tier FPS.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
This is £30 on th PS store at the moment. £40 for the delux edition.
I personally didn't like it but it's cheap now for those wanting to try it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm at the final stage of the game now, as it were, and I rate it quite highly now. Definitely gets better once you begin to understand wtf is actually going on!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I've got it (from the sale), only put a couple of hours into it so far - having a 3 month old + 3 year old has killed my gaming time haha

I'm also still at the stage of wondering what the f00k to do in it

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Once you get the turning invisible slab things become a lot easier! I got mine off Julianna but you can get it from Visionary too.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I watched Skill-Ups review recently and I'm less keen now.

When this game came out, it was getting 10/10's and rave reviews, but since then it seems to have died down and people have revisited it and been more critical.

it's probably still an 8/10 game, but it shows how big an impact hype can have.