ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Debating Sky...

German Barge
I am currently on tiscali broadband, paying £27 for broadband up to 8mb*, anytime 01 and 02 number calls, and line rental inclusive - not a bad deal and would be cheaper still if i got their discounted line rental, but i am not in one of the "areas" you can get it.

*i get half a meg download speed, i know, i know... my fault for living far from the exchange.

Set this up initially, as it was my first house and wanted to get to grips with other bills before treating myself to luxuries such as sky.

Well now the time has come, and i am giving it a lot more thought.

The deal don't seem to bad at the moment, £50 a month, + £11 BT line rental for the complete package, evening and weekend calls, and 8mb* broadband.

Sure its £34 more than what i am paying at the moment, but it doesn't seem that bad.

The only downside is the installation charges, and payment for the sky+ box which is the only one i would have.

Is there a better way of doing this folks? i.e. to have sky and broadband seperate, or is this deal from sky pretty much spot on?

and also, what is the service like on the broadband etc etc?

I think if you refer a friend now you both get a sky + box free lol sure it said it on the advert so let me refer you as i want sky+

Clio 172 mk2
Sky are a bunch of fools

Signed up with them recently on a deal where we got cheap installation and a free months trial and we get a bill yesterday for loads....lack of communication as usual:( I gave them a rocket.

Also there was the issue of having a landline which is in small print on their sales material....you have to factor in the extra £11 a month for that as well.

I've only had Sky a couple of weeks but I can see trouble ahead

sky + is great, dont know how I lived without it!

Sky themselves and their subcontractors are a buch of fools. Made a right mess of the installation. I only just got it all sorted this week.

A4 Avant
Ad you might struggle with living in a flat as you may have a shared dish. I think some people have got around this though.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
wangled sky+ for free last week, they offered me it at £149 + £30 inst after i asked to cancel, I held firm and got it for nowt :D

A4 Avant
Slightly off topic, but I keep seeing quidco links. I've just had a quick look, but how does it work?

You use them for all sorts. Click Quidco and then the link to Play/Sky/eBay or anything else and then you get a referral free % or price depending on what is it.

I got £90 last week the last 3 months, thats nothing I wouldnt have bought anyway, its just remembering to use it.

Referral companies are usually crap, but they seem spot on. Payments can take a month or so but every little helps.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Ad you might struggle with living in a flat as you may have a shared dish. I think some people have got around this though.

aye I think thats the issue, but its a new build, so think I will ring sky and check....

have checked and basically you need to select the channel manually and it will not automatically select the channel for you if you series record something. You can also only record the channel you are watching. hmm not sure its worth it!

Last edited:
  Lotus Elise 111R
Sky + is fantastic, how did we live without it!!!

Sky broadband is the best free product ever. Completely zero problems with it in over a year.