ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat advice.

435D X-Drive
I am looking to get a decat pipe. I have a Milltek cat back system but im am unsure what would be the best pipe to go for.

Will I need to get a Milltek or will other makes still fit?

Cheers A

Clio 197
all makes will fit , make sure you get one specifically for the 182 as the 172 is different (angled and more expensive)

435D X-Drive
Cheers any ideas of the best sounding one to go for? Not chavvy though!

And the best place to buy from?

It's a pain in the arse on a 172. Easy on a 182 if you get the Renault exhaust fitting kit (contains new bolts, springs, gasket etc.).

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Theres a milltek decat on eBay for £46 plus delivery. Fitted to my milltek exhaust...sounds good. Very easy to fit

No car
Sorry to veer off topic guys:eek: but if you get stopped by traffic police, would they notice a decat on your car? ive got one but im a little rattled to put it on just incase VOSA or traffic police pull me and inspect the car?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
my mate was pulled and the questioned the lack of a CAT, he was in a mk1 though so it was old enough to be legal without one. they may notice one but its unlikely theyll look

435D X-Drive
Is there no connection on one side? I thought they would have been similar.

Or is it on the mani alreday. Sorry to sound dumb.

Black Gold Trophy
I would go with the Miltek one tbh, it is specially made for the miltek catback system and is 2.5 inch all the way through rather than having the same stupid restrictor where it meets the centre section as the standard cat.
It has a nice sleeve joint (unlike the standard system), so it will seal much better than any other decat too.

There's nothing wrong with a silenced decat, the point in a decat is not to make the exhaust louder, it is to remove the restriction of the catalytic converter and thus allowing the exhaust gases to exit the engine at a higher velocity.
The standard cat will quieten the exhaust slightly, so a decat pipe will have the side effect of making the exhaust louder. A silenced decat will give you the same power gains as a regular decat but without the added noise.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'd make one tbh

DSC03312.jpg

172 cup
Making one is the way to go. I have just made one for mine or you could say repaired one as the one i bought cheap was no where near a fit 3'' to short. Is all the 172 de cat the same size?.