ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat fitted engine light flashing

Clio 182
Hi iv recently had a decat fitted car was running fine, yesterday driving the car almost went into limp mode and running terrible making terrible sounds from the exhaust. The emissions light is now constantly flashing. I have connected my diagnosis machine up and it’s not showing any fault codes. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated cheers.

182 clio
The should be a code stored if eml came on or is flashing.
Most time flashing eml points to misfire detection

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Usually when you fit a decat and the light comes on it's a constant light not flashing and doesn't affect performance.
Sounds to me like the lights flashing for a different reason.
I've certainly never heard of it putting your car into limp mode.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Flashing EML and rough running will usually be an injector. Take the fuel rail guard off and while it’s running unplug each injector and see which one makes a difference, the dead one should be pretty obvious to find.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Are you sure you didnt damage the precat sensor? Most likely injectors anyway and decat is a coincidence

Clio 182
Changed the leads and coil packed sorted it, strange to not see a fault code tho. Glad it’s sorted thanks for your reply’s