ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat fitting 1.6

trying to remove my original cat and fit the decat but i cant get the cat out,can unbolt it at either end no probs but the 3 bolt clamp which holds the cat to the manifold is too wide for me to manouevre it out and replace with the decat,any suggestions?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its been a while since i done it but if i remember correctly theres 4 bolts holding the subframe on and then 2 brackets at the back of the subframe thats held on by 4 bolts on each side (kinda triangle shape)

remove the brackets then remove the 2 back subframe bolts, and just loosen the front bolts.

like i said its been a while but im sure thats how its done!

i take it there isnt anything attached to the subframe that'll cause and issue?i dont wana undo it and then something like brake cables etc be attached and be pulled

Lots of Alfas
The steering rack is attached, if you pull the frame down too much it will pull the power steering pipes and may cause damage. You prob only need to let it drop half an inch. Theres a guide somewhere in the guides section which includes lowering the subframe.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
^powersteering pipes wont be a problem though dont all non RS clios have electric PAS or is it just the 1.2s?

as above watch for the steering although ive dropped mine loads and never had an issue was only when i removed all the bolts to drop it more that i poped the steering out, it just slides back in though but make sure you have the wheels and steeringwheel straight when puting it back in as i put mine a bit to the left and my steeringwheel wasnt pointing straight when going straight lol!

my steering wheel isnt straight compared to my wheels so would that sort that as its had 4 wheel alignment on many occasions.lol