ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat fuel/exhaust smells in cabin

Titanium ph1 turbo
Hi All,

I just got my car back having had a turbo fitted.. part of this was to get rid of the cat and fit a decat pipe...

I've noticed since having it back the car smells very fumey outside.. and also inside if I'm sat still with the blowers on I'm having to turn them off and open a window to let fresh air in...

Is this normal with a decat?.. first time I've had a decat fitted... I'm more worried about the fumes coming into the car through the blowers than anything.. surely can't be safe?

Yep something is leaking, I fitted my decat at the weekend and had the same issue as it was leaking between the centre section and decat. Bought some Loctite 5990 silicone and smothered the joint and also filled the clamp with it and the smell and blowing has now gone.

Could be blowing from the turbo - downpipe as well if not sealed properly, in fact could be leaking from anywhere as the whole system will have had to come off. Best way to check is start the car from cold and look out for drips on the joints...

Titanium ph1 turbo
Thanks I'll check it out.. only other thought was my inlet and surrounds had been painted.. wondered if maybe once all heated up it was this....

This morning I turned the blowers off and the air recirculation button on and drove to work fume free...

Hi All,

I just got my car back having had a turbo fitted.. part of this was to get rid of the cat and fit a decat pipe...

I've noticed since having it back the car smells very fumey outside.. and also inside if I'm sat still with the blowers on I'm having to turn them off and open a window to let fresh air in...

Is this normal with a decat?.. first time I've had a decat fitted... I'm more worried about the fumes coming into the car through the blowers than anything.. surely can't be safe?
I had this with a scorpion decat on my 182 it smelt like a old Morris minor gave me a headache, this must of been what all cars smelt like pre 1992.
There where no leaks i checked it buy holding a piece of toilet roll next to the joins/gasket.