ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat & inlet mod questions

R27 - 77/500
hi, any advise would be grateful ta.

is it worth getting a decat id i have stock mid and back box?

are they a b**ch to fit on a cup?

and referring to the inlet matching would it be a good idea to fit fresh gasket when replacing?

and do u think i will notice difference, presumably i will need remap too?

only other mod at mo is hill power induction kit which i realise might not be helping but sounds nice.

cheers

On a 172 a decat is better than on a 182. IS it worth it well depends what you want a its a cheap mod though.

Fresh gasget every time yep.

Yep dificult to fit bolts in a difficult place to get to.

No need for a remap with just deact and IK realy only with manifold work as well I'd think possibly about it.

why do you need to change your gasket when you do inlets match? what will happen if you reuse your old gasket? i suppose it is a good to change thingy and not a must change huh?

Its a steel shim gasket and when you install it, it becomes crushed and will not seal effectively if reused.

R27 - 77/500
so what is the rubber inlet gasket ive bought for if its a steel one?lol

do r-sport do an inlet thats the same as the type angelworks do?

Dan_cup said:

Not sure I don't thik they do best ring.
I take it your bought the pack from Renault? If so the back is a universal pack to fit a range of different engine you only need the 172 steel one.

Dan_cup said:

R-Sport dont as far as i know.

And there is no rubber inlet gasket, its coated black shim steel.