ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat madness

330Ci Clubsport
Got my silenced decat from ktec and fitted it today. Bit of a pain in the hole but went on in the end (wish I had a car lift!).

Bit of a comparison of new and old. Any idea why the original one has a step in it like that?

IMG_0579.jpg

Titanium 182 FF
mines booked in with ktec next saturday for a decat,how are you finding it so far? not to sure wheather to ask for a silenced version or not? any difference?

330Ci Clubsport
car isnt insured atm so only went down the street and back. seems a little quieter might get the silenced centre section too.

RS RIP
good choice ; the silenced one :)

I have the non-silenced one (and 182 manifold thank god, no more hassle changing) and a silenced mid-section and would'nt want it any louder

(do'nt know about the narrower bit in the original )

Titanium 182 FF
i just want to add a little more voice to it, i have fitted a miltek system to it to help but a few more db is required, also what gains if any can be expected from the decat apart from the extra volumn?

Mini JCW
you should try fitting a 172 one thats a PAIN in the hole, did mine yesterday.

Did you manage that yourself? Or did you get it fitted in derby? I'm going to order a silenced decat for the cup tonight, and would like it fitted locally if possible.

Ph1
Going by the picture the pipes look a different bore size so this could explain the increased step in the old one?

330Ci Clubsport
the rear end of each is the same. I can only guess the old one was designed to go onto a smaller bore std exhaust? Hence the foolery at the end to make it fit the 2.5" system

ph2 172
Did you manage that yourself? Or did you get it fitted in derby? I'm going to order a silenced decat for the cup tonight, and would like it fitted locally if possible.

i managed it myself, but its a joke to get your hands into it, and putting the springs etc back on is fiddly, its not uber hard just really awkward, let me know if you find anywhere that will do it, as i dont want to do it myself again mot time.

ITB'd MK1
the bit that's clamped on the old one is for fitting the system to a stock cat. It gives a bit of adjustment too. Old one is a little small, but looks like it's designed to go with a stock system