ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat or standard cat

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
with thruxton this weekend and it being a high speed circuit i was wondering if it is worth putting the decat in.the car is standard in the production class so will it really make any difference?

Dave LM

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
How many db difference is there with decat v non decat? I have a decat in the garage, and I am in two minds whether to fit it or not, as I was told my car is currently around the 92db level. I am mindful that it could be close to track noise limits if I fit it.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
How many db difference is there with decat v non decat? I have a decat in the garage, and I am in two minds whether to fit it or not, as I was told my car is currently around the 92db level. I am mindful that it could be close to track noise limits if I fit it.
It all comes down to what exhaust system you've got fitted mate tbh. Mine was decatted on a Btb stealth and I strongly doubt it was even 90db.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Just leave the cat in, unless your going to get it mapped after if anything it will loose you mid range power.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
There was 100% a difference between cat and no cat on my old 182. Get rid. My old system was supersport and passed track limits fine.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
For reference, de-cat on a 182 with a Ktec/Janspeed Supersports system is 104.7db at around 5k.