ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat Question.....

Clio 172
Hi

I've just popped a decat pipe on and have a couple of questions:

Do you still use the donut gasket? (I have)

I haven't used the spring loaded bolts, I used some bigger ones that came with the decat. Is that OK?

How the hell do you get the o2 sensor out of the old cat???

Cheers

Cliosport 172 cu
As above and brut force but try not to snap it I used spanner with old vac pipe

Pushed vac pipe on the spanner and undone very easy.

Clio 172
All sorted, some heat and a burned leg later and it spun out.

What a difference a decat makes.......

The noise on idle is the same as previous with my stainless system, but when you give it some beans the noise is unreal.

It revs sooooooo much better through each gear too, gets down the road better

Maybe my cat was on the way out.....

2005 Clio 182
What about mpg? See any difference? Mine (without lambda as it wouldn't come out the cat) went down to about 5mpg.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What about mpg? See any difference? Mine (without lambda as it wouldn't come out the cat) went down to about 5mpg.

Suggest your car is broken. There's no way a decat would cause a circa 30mpg decrease.

2005 Clio 182
Well, it went back up to around 35 when I put it all back. My theory is it panicked when it couldn't obtain readings as the lambda was unplugged. There were leaks in it too.

Clio 172
Ive got the lambda in the decat. I bought one of the spacers so you still get a valid reading, maybe a little diluted, but the mpg is pretty much the same, around 35mpg.