ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat .v. Un-Silenced Centre Section

107 Track Car & C4
Evening CS,
I've currently got a KTR/Janspeed 'Sports' exhaust system fitted to my 182, but I want a bit more noise! I notice that K-Tec offer a 'Super-Sports' Un-Silenced Centre Section or a 2.25" Decat Pipe for my exhaust.

Which would be louder? Which would you recommend?

I have heard that a Decat can put some lights up on the dash, will the Un-Silenced Centre Section do the same?

Liam

Evening CS,
I've currently got a KTR/Janspeed 'Sports' exhaust system fitted to my 182, but I want a bit more noise! I notice that K-Tec offer a 'Super-Sports' Un-Silenced Centre Section or a 2.25" Decat Pipe for my exhaust.

Which would be louder? Which would you recommend?

I have heard that a Decat can put some lights up on the dash, will the Un-Silenced Centre Section do the same?

Liam

Unsilenced centre won't put the light on , decat may but mines been on a year and hasn't !

Why not be a rebel and get both ;) I have the 2.25 inch decat and unsilenced centre on my 182 with the same Janspeed/KTR rear box , IMO it's epic

107 Track Car & C4
I will probably just go for centre section to start with then, are they easy to fit yourself?

I'd say the centre section (resonator) removal will make the car louder. After all isn't its only purpose to reduce noise?

Mines decatted and wasn't much louder than with the cat in. No emission light either. Yet.

107 Track Car & C4
I can't decide now lol. Is it worth getting the car remapped after doing either, or both? ;)

Decat makes it louder and raspy, straight through/no silencer on the centre section makes it louder without the rasp.

107 Track Car & C4
Finally going to get round to getting a Decat now lol :)

I've got a driveway so space isn't an issue and got a mate with a jack etc, how easy are they to fit? What is involved?

monaco 172
2 nuts to unbolt cat from manifold and 2 bolts to release olive joint from centre section. Will all become clear when you get under the car.