ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat VS Sports cat

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Which is better and why?

Which would you choose personally...

My cats on its way out so needs replaced :(

Along with both lambda's ffs

Ph1
Sports cat has restrictive material in the pipe like a normal cat does all be it reduced. Decat is 100% straight through so decat wins

monaco 172
Depends how loud you want it mate. You need to weight up weather the tiny bit of added performance is worth how f**king loud it is with a decat.

I put my cat back on last month as it was getting annoying on long
Journeys

200 FF Storm Grey
Got a de-catted yozza from a yozza with sports cat and it is alot louder when giving it some but i'd say driving normally i.e pottering around town they're fairly similiar.

Both stupidly loud either way :-\

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Decat, cheaper, better, louder.

How do you know your cat is "on it's way out" btw?

Its collapsed so its kinda dead already, wont rev freely, but soon as you take the cat out its fine...

de-cat

Man up.

/Close Thread

I think that might have just persuaded me ;)

Depends how loud you want it mate. You need to weight up weather the tiny bit of added performance is worth how f**king loud it is with a decat.

I put my cat back on last month as it was getting annoying on long
Journeys

Dont mind loud tbh, i might buy a 2nd hand cat to put on for long journeys though (Providing its cheap)

200 FF Storm Grey
does a decat on an OE system make much of a difference to noise & performance?

I might be talking pish but as I understand it with the end pipes being so narrow better flow further up the system doesn't really have any effect, noise would be greater but can't see performance being affected (even on a larger system decat has very little effect).

Edit: De-cat inside the cabin

Last edited by a moderator:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Well i had my decat custom made at the weekend to match my custom system and do not know why everyone mak a deal out of the noise, mine sounds mint if i put my foot down but can also drive normal and you wouldnt even know it had a decat on
Custom FTW
Off the shelf systems are overated imo