ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decatting Power Increase

I got a de cat pipe on my vavler and it now it pops like a rally car from about 4300rpm and flames from 5000rpm up.

it gives off a blue/orange flame about a foot long its WICKED!!! Getting it chipped soon so will see how it runs after but its feels quicker without the cat and its louder.;)

Well I hate to disappoint you but I got powerflow to make me a de-cat pipe for my 2001 Clio Dynamique and it only gave me problems. When pulling away or giving it some welly you could feel a horrible vibration/grinding through the accelerator peddle. Also it buggers up your Sensors which in turn causes the Warning light to come on on the dash. And the power increase is so small you hardly notice it. I had mine on with a Viper Ind. kit and a cat back stainless system and could hardly feel any difference.

Thats why my stainless de-cat pipe is up for sale!!!

Good luck,

Johnboy

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

De Cat DIFFERENCE on my 16v:

BEFORE DE_CAT - 135BHP

AFTER DE_CAT - 141BHP

Definatley make a difference as the figures show.

used to drive a clio16v

This topic has brought up some interesting results/comments, i was gona get a full system + de-cat but not too sure now :confused:

Id like the extra power but not as keen on the extra noise, so im now thinking about getting a scorpion (or similar) cat-back with a k-tec silenced de-cat pipe.

Anyone got the silenced k-tec pipe? if so, any good?

Suzuki SV650

Ive got probs with my Powerflow system I think. I cant get above 100 mph!!! Now Ive got my 15s on I wanted to test my top speed as it should be higher (shouldnt it?) but my engine would be screaming at just over 4k revs and would not f**king budge. It cant be my wheels slowing me down, can it? So maybe its my de-catted Powerflow system??? Other guys with old RTs like mine have said that high-end power is up, but with my bloody car its straining!!!

Suggestions? Might put the cat back on, but Im not too fancy with chopping and changing exhaust parts.

(All the above was not performed on public highways and of course is me testing on a private track.)

Cough.