ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent front speakers...?

Da

Less
No amps or anything just an upgraded Sony HU giving out 4 x 45w, what speakers for sub £100 would be decent up front?

I've done a search but nothing very conclusive!

hertz dieci 130 :D
about 70 quid last time i checked
i love them and they dont have a huge cross over either just individual filters which connect inline

unfortunately not yet :(
i bought mine before i purchased the new car in preparation and i hadnt even started trading at that point.lol

Da

Less
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Matt, just looking at those now, will they fit straight in the Clio door as they look quite deep? Or will I need baffles?

Cliosport 197
hi pal, i just bought some new front speakers for my car (1.4 expression) they are too deep for my doors, i have measured and the depth that will fit mine is anything upto 55mm and speakers i bought are 64mm how gay :( i will have to take them back to halfrauds ha ha, shame really very nice spec and quite nice looking :(

Vibe SEK-50

they are very deep in comparison although is the clio glass not have a cut out for the speaker so it doesnt hit?been a while since i had mine.if not id say yes as my infinity's were much shallower and i seem to remember having to adjust the terminals on the back of the speaker so it wouldnt catch.
5-7mm should do it

Bus w**ker
Da I've just been trying to find out the depth of these but googles not playing nice. All I have found out is that they are apparently "slim" and designed specifically to fit shallow Renault doors, even shows the Clio Mk2 as a direct replacement.

I'd be interested to know too as I can't be arsed f**king about with baffles etc. Just want plug n play.

I have the Pioneer TS-Q131C's and yes they fit direct into renault doors without the need for any baffles etc, and wire connections are a direct fit as well as the screws and plates to connect to the door card. 5 minute jobby to fit...

As for the quality, reasonably impressed with them, bearing in mind I'm not running them amped at all, and with a standard sony gt-30rn headunit they produce a much improved sound from standard. Not much in the region of low/ base sounds due to the slim and lightweight nature of the speakers though.

Da

Less
Hmmm well as lozzy states upto 55mm the hertz dieci 130 are listed as been 52mm mounting depth I think... so maybe just get away without baffles??

Can't comment on the window situation Matt.

Da

Less
These going to be any good, just about to order them? Decided not to go for the hertz dieci DSK 130 as I'm lazy! ;)

Speakers for 182

Hi,

Just fitted an Alpine CDE-104BTi to my 182. Sounds much better than the standard headunit but I now need to upgrade the speakers :). I am planning on buying an amp for them in the future but for now I'm going to run them off the headunit. I'll also probably get a sub and another amp for that in the future too.

So what speakers do people recommend? I'm thinking of changing the front and rear. I understand they are all 13cm and obviously the front are component, rear coaxial. I found a nice upgrade kit here that includes In Phase XT5C for the front and In Phase XT52 for the rear. Are these actually any good or have they just been recommended because they should fit 'out of the box'? I've also looked at the Pioneer TS-Q131C but again, I don't want to buy a set of speakers just because they are easy to fit. Saying that though, what do I need to look for to know if they'd fit or not? Is it just the depth that's the issue with clio doors? Or will I need on of these adapters?

Thanks in advance :)

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Which speakers?

I want to replace the speakers in my 182 because they are crackly. Can anyone suggest some for a straight swap. Same diameter, depth etc.

Cheers

Re: Speakers for 182

phase? never heard of them personally and i would stay away personally. Them adapters you have linked to are for mk1 and for the rear shelf. Personally bang up you own your own baffles or buy the ones from ebay that are 5.25inch. Go for well mades and known companies. Also how much power will you want them to take once amped? That is also something you will need to take into account.

RSC 182 Cup

It's worth the effort to fit 6.25" speakers in the front- a massive improvement even with the factory head unit.

vaux cavalier

A few pointers mate;

CarAudioCentre---Avoid like they have the plague....
In-Phase---CarAudioCentres own overpriced brand, they often push this brand onto unsuspecting punters claiming massive savings, (check your link, your saving £398.71p on two sets of 13cm speakers), that are worth possibly £25 a set....So in effect they are making much higher profit margins selling cheap TAT thats massively overpriced....

Clio 182FF

Also interested in an upgrade path for my 182. I was thinking components in the front, but are they hard to fit?

Ok so I won't bother considering those In Phase speakers. What about the pioneers? Has anyone else fitted them? I preferably want them to fit out of the box without having to modify the doors panels or anything. Anyone recommend any........?

Black Gold Trophy

pioneer make good stuff, but sadly their speakers sound sh*t in my opinion!

I suppose its a matter of opinion what speakers you like the sound of, but I think they sound weak and tinny, they have no warmth to them.

I bought some rainbow SLC-230 components for my 182, they sound pretty damn good, and they are 5.25 and fit in the standard doors with no mods and have a good full range sound.

A guy one TA (Wonky-Jon) is doing a 182 build at the moment, if you want 6.5" speakers im sure he will hook you up with a build

Black Gold Trophy
seriously, a decent 5.25" speaker is ample. If you spend the money well you'll realise that size isnt everything ;)

Da

Less
Fitted my Hertz this morning and very impressed with them! A well worth while upgrade for the money! :approve:

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm totally new to this....The crossovers that come with the components, will I need to use them? Won't the 182 already have a set?

Da

Less
Can't help really I'm afraid as I went for the Hertz that don't have the crossovers. I couldn't be bothered with all that extra work, I just wanted plug and play.

These are what I have just fitted.

Da

Less
Yeah I know they are, but as I said I just wanted PnP.

I fitted them to the front and the rear, two sets.