ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent ground for amp!

Jap Box
Before this really does my head in completely.

Where is the best place to ground the amp? I have tried under the isofix bar but that didnt work :(im at wits end trying to find a decent place for this now.

Also, ive got an FLI 900s like this - http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/images/2009_05_06_10_53_39_900s.jpg

Should anything light up when simply powered on? As nothing has done, or will it only light up when grounded. Was working fine before but now looking at the fuses they have managed to melt and stick to the frame of the amp :S but havent actually blown the fuses. Knowing my luck the amp is fucked and ill need a new one, but anyone with one able to shed some light on this?

Thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sounds like the amps fubar'd.

The isofix bar is perfect for earthing stuff to.

Jap Box
Sounds like the amps fubar'd.

The isofix bar is perfect for earthing stuff to.

This was my suspicion, if it is the boy I bought it off will have it thrown through his back window :rasp:

Will test it on my mates car when hes back as hes got working ground etc so if it doesnt power on with that then it is fucked.

Area was slightly rusty that it was grounding on but not completely, this wouldnt affect it that much would it, might just flicker on and off when losing the connection?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Rust will still conduct electricity (Its not ideal) so it should still fire up.

If its corroded itd cause a higher resistance causing the temperature to rise and melt the fuse holders in some cases. With the fuse holders having melted I wouldnt use it again

Jap Box
If its corroded itd cause a higher resistance causing the temperature to rise and melt the fuse holders in some cases. With the fuse holders having melted I wouldnt use it again

This sounds exactly like what has happened, bin for this then and ill get another one of the same kind as their only £75 new :)

Would this kind of amp be fine for running the sub and a pair of rear speakers. Its 4 channels, how would I go about getting the signal to both the sub and the speakers as the RCA goes into channel 1+2 and the sub goes into channel 1+2 bridged, also. Im pretty new to all this kind of amp stuff, I used to just have an active sub with all the amp wiring done etc.